UKC

/ Wanted: Some foam or a better design idea

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Maddie - on 09 Jan 2019 - user since 10/Jan/12

So I've just bought an Octavia estate so I can sleep in the back (I'm quite short). Unfortunately it hasn't got the raised boot so there is a big ridge where the seats don't fold flat. Figure the easiest solution is to pad it with some thick foam so if anyone has some going for cheap that would be handy! Unless anyone had a better suggestion? I'm in Manchester so could come get it anywhere not miles away. 

spenser - on 10 Jan 2019
In reply to Maddie:

Have you tried levelling it with one/ 2 bouldering mats Maddie? One folded pad did this perfectly in my roomster.

gravy - on 10 Jan 2019

Unless you can do this with mats you'll be eating storage space you probably want to keep with foam so you might do better cutting some ply to fit and blocking that up so you can put gear underneath it. you'll probably need to do this in two or more bits to make access to your gear easier.

ChrisJD on 10 Jan 2019
In reply to Maddie:

We have some you could have. I'll take a photo and message you. We're in eastern Peaks.

ChrisJD on 10 Jan 2019
In reply to Maddie:

Photos here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lc0kwv26trk5ud8/AAAX0AB9ZW38nNG67Q4uq2XCa?dl=0

The ruler is 1m long.  The foam is 3 inches thick.  Our kids slept on it in out previous van - very comfy!

UKC: If Maddie doesn't want it, free to anyone who wants to collect (as long as you take it all).

Pkrynicki1984 - on 10 Jan 2019
In reply to ChrisJD:

how much have you got and where are you located?

ChrisJD on 10 Jan 2019
In reply to Pkrynicki1984:

See photos.  

Hope Valley, Peak District

chris_r - on 10 Jan 2019
In reply to Maddie:

How about a thick thermorest? That way you're not eating up luggage space when you don't need it.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.