/ Wanted: Still after a Crusher Mission board guys & gals!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Greeny8053 (user since 12/Apr/14)07 Jul 2019

Hi! I posted last week if anyone had a Crusher Mission board that they didn’t want/ need anymore? Although I had a reply, nothing has come from it so far, so I’m still after a Crusher Mission board if someone has one they want rid of? 🙏

MischaHY 08 Jul 2019
In reply to Greeny8053:

As a mission owner I don't think you'll have much luck... They're ace! Love mine. Go on, get yourself over to the shop and stump up the £46 for one: http://crusherholds.co.uk/crusher-mission-portable-hangboard-fingerboard

duchessofmalfi 08 Jul 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

or, alternatively, apply a bit of wood to a bit of ply and make your own saving approximately £43.

MischaHY 08 Jul 2019
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Sure, and then afterwards go and grow all your own food, build your own house, get your forge and press ready for making some carabiners... or not. 

We all pay for services, and some of us haven't got the kit or skill for making well designed stuff like this, or probably would rather just spend the time doing something more fun i.e. climbing. I'd love to see the average zero experience woodworker knock out something as nice as a mission board. 

With the exception of a few made by people who know how to handle their kit, most homemade boards I've seen have been rubbish. Aside from the fact that it'll probably take an inexperienced person minimum 3hrs after which they probably would have paid for the board through simply doing their regular job, and would get a decent product at the end of it. 

Not everything has to be done on the cheap. 

Post edited at 09:01
Greeny8053 08 Jul 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

> As a mission owner I don't think you'll have much luck... They're ace! Love mine. Go on, get yourself over to the shop and stump up the £46 for one 

I’d happily get one from the shop!! If the guy who ran it ever answered his phone, emails, ebay messages, Facebook messages 🙄

Post edited at 09:08
MischaHY 08 Jul 2019
In reply to Greeny8053:

Fair enough. I assume you've tried ordering one? 

Mad, I know - but might be a decent tactic. It says 'in stock', after all... 

Greeny8053 08 Jul 2019
In reply to MischaHY:

Nope! And I don’t intend to unless I can get comms with the company somehow! 

For all I know they’re now out of business and I’ve just paid someone £50 because something on the internet says ‘in stock’ and I’m never going to see it! 

Ned 08 Jul 2019
In reply to Greeny8053:

I bought one from the website about a month ago. I'll sell it to you for £60 if you trust a stranger from UKC more

On a serious note, it arrived promptly and I paid through paypal, which (I think) gives you some protection from vendors not delivering stuff.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.