/ Wanted: via ferrata set

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Bertie (user since 16/Mar/17)03 Aug 2019

hi,

I'm after a set of VF lanyards for an upcoming trip.

thanks!!

rj_townsend 03 Aug 2019
In reply to Bertie:

I’ve one for sale for £25 posted. Send me a PM and I’ll get some pictures through to you.

Bertie 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Bertie:

Bump, still looking!

beardy mike 08 Aug 2019
In reply to Bertie:

Decathelon do simond branded ones for about 30 notes new.

Bertie 08 Aug 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

Thanks Mike, I have had a look but could only find that one for £45. Just thought worth asking on here first!

beardy mike 09 Aug 2019
In reply to Bertie:

Well the other alternative is rental or a Kisa plate from Kong. Only thing is you must buy vf biners if you decide on the kisa plate as standard biners snap like a twig when side loaded. Camp do them for not much...

beardy mike 09 Aug 2019
Ross McGibbon 09 Aug 2019
beardy mike 09 Aug 2019
In reply to Ross McGibbon:

Only to clear the grockles off the ferrata.

Bertie 11 Aug 2019
In reply to Ross McGibbon:

actually Ross, I'm a SHE, and yes I think the grappling hook would be a great idea :D

pancakeandchips 12 Aug 2019
In reply to beardy mike:

I thought this type was frowned on these days? I've been told to only use stitched shock absorbers.

I bought the cheapest set from decathlon last year and it works fine, don't really understand why you'd spend more on a posh edelrid or petzl set.

beardy mike 12 Aug 2019
In reply to pancakeandchips:

The frictional devices were found to stop working when the cord becomes fluffy. Kong still sells the KISA in a complete package but the rope is encased inside a pouch to protect it. There’s nothing wrong with the principle, you just have to Inspect the cord regularly and replace as necessary. As for more expensive ones, the carabiners are far superior in terms of handling. Some have independent legs so if you have one clipped to your harness like you see people often doing on routes, you won’t rip your harness to pieces if you fall. The ones with a swivel help with twisted lanyards... theres lots of reasons to buy one. Maybe not if you are only doing the odd route, but if it’s what you do most weekends, then it’s no different to buying premium cams as opposed to a set of 1980’s rigid friends off e-bay and making do...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.