/ Wanted: Yosemite Guide book

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
harryjan (user since 30/Jun/10)27 Nov 2019

I’m after a guide book/topo for Yosemite to start planning a trip next year. 

Yosemite valley free climbs or similar would be great. 

Ta!

Pedro50 27 Nov 2019
In reply to harryjan:

2003 edition of Yosemite Valley free climbs, same picture on the cover as the 2006 edition currently listed on the Climbers Shop website. No ticks, tears or creases, slightly grubby. £15 posted. 

Pedro50 30 Nov 2019
In reply to Pedro50:

> 2003 edition of Yosemite Valley free climbs, same picture on the cover as the 2006 edition currently listed on the Climbers Shop website. No ticks, tears or creases, slightly grubby. £15 posted. 

This is now available for anyone interested. Payment by bank transfer.

muppetfilter 30 Nov 2019
In reply to harryjan:

We found the supertopo book pretty poorly written with poor descriptions huge paragraphs of useless waffle and photos taken from what looks like the hubble telescope they are that far away.  Sack off Yosemite with its Black Death infected Squirrels overly busy campsite and go to Toulomne instead

greg_may_ 30 Nov 2019
In reply to harryjan:

I think I have one kicking about somewhere... I'll have a dig. Never going to use it! 

greg_may_ 01 Dec 2019
In reply to harryjan:

Book I have is the Falcon Guide: Yosemite Free Climbs.

let me know if it’s of any use to you. Postage and a pint in payment. 

olddirtydoggy 01 Dec 2019
In reply to harryjan:

We have the Tuolumne Free Climbs from Super Topo for sale for £12 inc postage. We did prefer that area unless you're doing the big wall stuff. The guide books there we found are not as good as what we're used to but after a couple of routes we got used to them.

Book available to any other takers if the OP doesn't want it.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.