UKC

'Realization' of the problem I never knew I had

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 simondgee 19 Mar 2013
"The Mammut Realization marks a real step forward in climbing harness and clothing design."
Blimey I never knew I needed these..or that £170 to spare for them
http://bouldersuk.com/mammut-realization?utm_source=Paid%2BReferral&utm...
needvert 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee:

Saw these yesterday, possibly in another UKC thread.

If they fitted well, I wouldn't mind a pair.
Removed User 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee:

Its so's you can walk round Tescos without looking like a cock.......

.....unless you leave your gear on the loops
 Ciderslider 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee: Wow, never realised I needed a pair of these until I saw them - and a snip at 170 !!!!!!!!!!
Actually thinking about it there is a tricky section at the bottom of the frozen goods isle into herbs and spices that really requires roping up
 Kelcat 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee: met an Irish guy in Cham this summer who had a pair of these (or similar). He reckoned the best use for them was for the look of horror on people faces when he clipped into his 'belt' & lowered off things.
Removed User 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee:

Not that impressed by the idea, might sway me though if you could open the 'fly' and pull out an intergrated full length rope. If the rear pocket was central and big enough to hold a chalk ball as well, that would help (you heard that one here first).
 David Ponting 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Kelcat:
> (In reply to simondgee) met an Irish guy in Cham this summer who had a pair of these (or similar). He reckoned the best use for them was for the look of horror on people faces when he clipped into his 'belt' & lowered off things.

If I had these I would so do this just to freak people out...!

They've only got two gear loops, though, so they're a bit pointless for me (since I almost exclusively climb outdoor trad and therefore need more than two loops)
 Lord_ash2000 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee: They look pretty cool to me, I like the idea of being able to just walk up to the crag, tie in and go. Bit steep on the price front at the moment but I suppose if a harness costs maybe £75 and a pair of good shorts about £50 then they are not stupidly overpriced. I reckon they'll come down in cost in a few years.

For sport climbing and indoors they could be the future.
 muppetfilter 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee: They would make it soooo easy to check the stitching and fabric of the harness for wear ... Also you could just put your harness on over your Y-Fronts and put your regular shorts over the top.
 Ciderslider 19 Mar 2013
In reply to muppetfilter:
> (In reply to simondgee) Also you could just put your harness on over your Y-Fronts and put your regular shorts over the top.

oh Matron .... sounds a bit kinky to me

RKernan 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Lord_ash2000:

£50 for a good pair of shorts? Madness! £10 more like. And you can get a good harness for less than £50.
XXXX 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee:

Do they do a beanie with an integrated helmet? What about a t-shirt that looks like a weedy looking, pastey-white torso?
Boulders@Cardiff 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Eric the Red:
> (In reply to simondgee)
>
> Do they do a beanie with an integrated helmet?

Unfortunately we don't have these, but some other people do: http://www.d3o.com/2012/01/d3o-beanies-for-skiers-and-snowboarders/

We did have a customer who bought some of the Realizations because he thought they were such a nice pair of shorts, with no real intention of climbing in them.

A bit of inside scoop for you all, looks like next year there's going to be a full length trouser version...
 Reach>Talent 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Boulders@Cardiff:
We did have a customer who bought some of the Realizations because he thought they were such a nice pair of shorts, with no real intention of climbing in them.

Do you have this persons number? Would he like to buy a pair of gold plated pants for £3000?
Boulders@Cardiff 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent:

I think they might hinder the freedom of movement a bit...
 Ashley 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Usersimondgee)
>
> If the rear pocket was central and big enough to hold a chalk ball as well, that would help (you heard that one here first).

Horsefeathers beat you to it I'm afraid!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=511992
 ledifer 19 Mar 2013
In reply to simondgee:

we had a contractor in at work with a jacket integrated harness. It looked pretty smart but meant he spent most of the day getting a bollocking from every passing supervisor for not wearing a harness at height.
Removed User 19 Mar 2013
In reply to Ashley:
> (In reply to rocky57)
> [...]
>
> Horsefeathers beat you to it I'm afraid!
>
> http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=511992

Ahhh. So that's twice today UKC has got the better of me. First it was the comment on my crisp sandwich, then finding out I'm late out of the blocks with my comment about harrni-pants. Strange though how his post on the other thread mirrors mine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...