UKC

£1000+ Petzl Ecrin Roc !!! WHAT

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Thomaslynchuk 10 Mar 2014
Have you seen ebay £1000+ or a old helmet what is going on anyone care to explain I have one of these in my garage I think i will be selling it.

Oceanrower 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Thomaslynchuk:

There's two of them. And both being bid up by the same people (with no/low feedback)

Someone's taking the piss.......
 Alpenglow 10 Mar 2014

Very unlikely they're going to pay
OP Thomaslynchuk 10 Mar 2014
In reply to Oceanrower:

Bloody Crazy!
 martinph78 10 Mar 2014

They regularly go for £160-ish on ebay.

They're popular with cavers and not made anymore, and I guess some folk don't like change!
 davy_boy 10 Mar 2014

its normally the ecrin bests (without holes) that go for over £100 these are still well loved by rope access guys and cavers. normal ecrin roc with the holes in them tend to be about £40. seems madness the current bids on ebay bit suspect to be fair.
In reply to Martin1978:

Really? I should sell mine!
 Ban1 10 Mar 2014

strange that two of them are up there for over a grand a piece

> Really? I should sell mine!

I've got two. One of which has been very little used, so I should sell it given those prices!
 top cat 10 Mar 2014

Maybe Petzl should sit up and take notice: clearly these helmet should not be discontinued!!
In reply to top cat:

I think your 100% right there.
 mlt 10 Mar 2014

Awesome helmet... so darned easy to adjust. I once witnessed a friend underground digging have a boulder shift right on top of his Ecrin, sandwiching his head to the floor. He had to slowly wriggle out from the helmet. Saved his skull big time, haha!
 crayefish 11 Mar 2014

Paying over £1000 for a climbing helmet is stupid. Paying £1000 for a second hand helmet is just plain Alabama stupid.

Though when I am a rich oil tycoon I'd so get a nice carbon fibre jobbie to protect my goey bits But it would have a molded in headtorch, stereo, pussy magnet and a cider can attachment!
 tjin 11 Mar 2014
In reply to top cat:

Petzl does have the Petzl Vertex in there line, which is absoluet a fine alternative if you really need such a heavy duty helmet.
 dutybooty 11 Mar 2014
In reply to tjin:

Vertex has really bad adjustment. I use one caving. Sits very high on the head and constantly mess with it to try and get it sitting right but it never works.
 lost1977 11 Mar 2014

> Really? I should sell mine!

I was thinking the same
 chrisbaggy 11 Mar 2014

Money Laundering Scheme?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...