UKC

20 yr old Coleman Peak 1. Bin it or sell it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Run_Ross_Run 04 Nov 2012
Hi,

I have found my old Coleman Peak 1 (400A701 on the box) in the garage and now wondering whether to bin it or try and sell.

I't hasn't been fired up in about 10 years, but i presume it wouldn't be a problem. When it was used its was only with 'Coleman Fuel', so soot shouldn't be an issue as is the case with using unleaded fuel so i read.

Is there a 'nostalgic' following for them as it certainly wont win any lightweight competitions but a bit of searching on the internet shows them to be a bit of a workhorse with collectors.

Anyone any thoughts?
In reply to Darren09:
Sell it! I sold mine on ebay last year and got about £30, there was plenty of interest and competing bids (starting bid was set at 99p). To be environmentally virtuous, sale to a new user is the right thing to do rather than scrap or land fill it. Even better is getting some money to spend on whatever you want (with the usual discount you can get 6 bottles of reasonable red for £30!)
Remember that you can't send any fuel with it!
OP Run_Ross_Run 04 Nov 2012
In reply to Trevor Langhorne:

Cheers for that. Agree with not throwing stuff out. Probably reason its still with me after so long.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...