UKC

5.10 Anasazi Size - ‘Old’ vs New

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oli 23 Nov 2022

After a bit of a hiatus from climbing, I need to replace my current Anasazis velcros which were purchased quite a few years ago (2015/16?).

I know that the sizing changed ‘recently’ (when Adidas took over 5.10?) - what size do I need if my old shoes are 9.5?

ripper 23 Nov 2022
In reply to Oli:

You need to go try some on. Not just the sizing, the whole shape of the shoe has changed - they're not even called Anasazis any more, but NIAD. I'd had Anasazi VCS for years but didn't like the fit/feel of the NIADs and switched to Scarpa Vapour V. Also check out Unparallel if that's a possibility for you - run by ex 5.10 people 

OP Oli 23 Nov 2022
In reply to ripper:

Thanks, I’d assumed that they still existed as the same model just with different sizing.

petegunn 23 Nov 2022
In reply to Oli:

Try the Unparallel ones as these are the guys from 5.10 and much better.

The Up Rise is the velcro anasazi of old 

Jackspratt 24 Nov 2022
In reply to Oli:

Adidas bought 5:10 in 2011

matt1984 24 Nov 2022
In reply to Oli:

My 'old' anasazis are size 8.5, my 'new' VCS niads are size 9, and fit is identical imo.

I take a 9 in other adidas shoes, I think the idea was to remove some of the mystery of what size to buy.

Post edited at 21:33
 petegunn 24 Nov 2022
In reply to Oli:

Word is Adidas is dropping the 5.10 name and will be no longer making climbing shoes, great shame that the legendary 5.10 name will be no more. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...