UKC

A 'collect and return' down cleaning service...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Timmd 14 Oct 2021

I have a down jacket to clean, and vaguely remember reading somebody posting about using this kind of service, but I can't find the Gear thread.

Does anybody either remember the post and poster, or know of the down cleaning service I mean? 

I'm not up for cleaning it myself, I've too many thinking I'm trying to juggle at the mo.

Many ta's.

Tim

JimbotheScot 14 Oct 2021
 Dave Todd 14 Oct 2021
In reply to Timmd:

I used these guys about 4 years ago on an old down jacket (after the sad demise of Franklyn's)

http://www.elitecleaningandaftercare.co.uk/

Their website claims a Franklyn's connection.  They did a good job on my jacket and (unexpectedly) one of their staff lived near S7 so dropped the cleaned jacket off at my house on the way home (but I wouldn't bank on everybody being offered that service - I was just lucky!)

Tringa 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Timmd:

The links given already look good but you asked for a 'collect and return' service and I think that might be the problem.

I don't think anywhere will collect your jacket; is there a reason you can't post it to a cleaning company?

Dave

nniff 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Timmd:

www.mountaineering-designs.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_CLEAN

They've done well for me in the past - cleaning sleeping bags, replacing zips etc.  First rate

Timmd 15 Oct 2021
In reply to Tringa:

There's no reason at all, it's just something which had somehow lodged in my mind.

I'll use the people connected to Franklins I reckon.

Ta to all.

In reply to Timmd:

Aren’t you a student at the moment? That entitles you to take all your laundry to your parents in a couple of bin liners once a term.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...