UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: A New Guidebook: Boulder Britain by Niall Grimes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 22 Nov 2011
Boulder Britain Cover, 4 kbBoulder Britain is a select guidebook to the bouldering in the UK, perfect for a bouldering roadtrip, to keep in the car when traveling or just have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish forever (or until it comes out as a Smart Phone app).

Written and compiled by Niall Grimes.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4254
 Monk 23 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC Gear:

This looks brilliant! Great idea. I want one.
In reply to Monk: Ditto.
 Niall Grimes 23 Nov 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell: Wouldn't it be great if there was some way of getting one. A way, perhaps, that guaranteed to get it for Christmas. And maybe even with free P and P.

Oh, but surely that's too mich to ask
In reply to Niall Grimes: You're as bad as Johnny!!! Speaking of which, I thought that vid on vimeo was pretty funny! Pity I'm so skint at the moment!
 Monk 24 Nov 2011
In reply to Niall Grimes:
> (In reply to Duncan Campbell) Wouldn't it be great if there was some way of getting one. A way, perhaps, that guaranteed to get it for Christmas. And maybe even with free P and P.
>
> Oh, but surely that's too mich to ask

The only thing that worries me is that if I leave my pre-christmas copy at the crag, it's got your name written in the front not mine
 Mark Lloyd 24 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: I hope theres no conflict of interest with you day job Niall ?
 Niall Grimes 24 Nov 2011
In reply to Monk: Yeah, hopefully they'll all make their way back to me over time then I'll put a fresh lick of paint on them and sell them again.

By the way, Like BB on Facebook before midnight tonight for a chance of a free copy http://www.facebook.com/#!/boulderbritain
 danm 24 Nov 2011

This book looks like the perfect Christmas present. Fab photos, and packed with routes and Niall's classic humour.

(Where is my cheque Grimer?)
 SGD 24 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Looks fab!!!! xmas pressie too moi sorted
 Niall Grimes 24 Nov 2011
In reply to danm: Cheque's in the oven dan.

Hi mark, no, no conflict. Both guidebooks I suppose but this book is not in my BMC remit, and I have spent the last 7 years doing it all in my spare time (which is why I've not had much spare time). Even as i type this I'm on my lunch break
 Stone Muppet 26 Nov 2011
Looks good Niall. Have you published a full list of the venues in it anywhere?
 Niall Grimes 26 Nov 2011
In reply to Stone Muppet: No. That's a good idea.

It looks exceptionally beautifully produced. Congrats.
 Niall Grimes 26 Nov 2011
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Why thank you, Gordon,

Niall
 Niall Grimes 28 Nov 2011
In reply to Stone Muppet: I've published the contents page here:

http://issuu.com/niallgrimes/docs/boulder_britain_contents

To clarify, most venues get a double-page spread with photo, maps and topos with somewhere between 15 and 30 problems. Some get more.

Others, for various reasons, just get approach info, photo etc, without problems detailed individually.

Scotland is mostly the latter, often picking out a few plums, but more interested in getting you to the venue. See Wolfcrag and Glen Clova in the other sample spread as an example.

http://issuu.com/niallgrimes/docs/boulder_britain_issuu2
 Tyler 28 Nov 2011

Looks good. Are those page numbers correct for Burbage North West and Bridge?
 Niall Grimes 28 Nov 2011
In reply to Tyler: Thanks Tyler.

Do you mean the way they are all 324? It's just that they are all included in the Burbage North section, which begins on 324.

No doubt there are massive errors in there. Might give a prise to whoever finds the best one.
 Niall Grimes 09 Dec 2011
Yay! I have a copy

Guaranteed Christmas delivery and free postage and packing offer extended to 14th of December. See www.boulderbritain.com Get it while it's hot.
 Offwidth 05 Jan 2012

"Might give a prise to whoever finds the best one." 'Aprise' apart: A grimer typo discussion night out with Moff ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...