UKC

Advice sought on shorts with zipped pockets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jackob 22 Jul 2021

Im looking for advice on climbing shorts with zippable pockets big enough to fit a large phone in as very few seem to have them. I like nice thin ones such as the prana super-mojo ones however these dont have zipped pockets.

If anyone knows of any similar ones please let me know.

Thanks!!!

Trangia 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

Why do you need "climbing" shorts? I climbed for many years in cheap old Tesco's cargo shorts with ample stud fastened pockets, which were loose enough to give all the leg movement I needed without being "bulky" or likely to snag, and fitted comfortably under my harness. 

olddirtydoggy 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

Montane Alpine, the ultimate outdoor shorts.

nathan79 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

Quechua MH500 shorts from Decathlon, the short version. Zipped hip pockets and a zipped rear pocket. (The longer/knee-length version of the shorts has a zipped thigh pocket but open hip pockets).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/men-s-short-mountain-walking-shorts-mh500/_/R...

climbingpixie 22 Jul 2021
In reply to nathan79:

I was about to to recommend these exact shorts! Super lightweight, sizeable zipped pockets, stretchy enough for climbing and I could buy 3 pairs for the same price as one pair from 3rd Rock or E9.

Toerag 22 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

you need something with a cargo-type side pocket as your phone is going to be a pain in a front or back pocket. Elasticated waist is probably no good as the weight of the phone will make them fall down. Can't advise any further as I don't climb with a phone in my pocket.

HB1 23 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

I've a pair of Mountain Equipment Comici shorts. 4 zipped pockets - very comfortable, lightweight etc. I don't climb in them though that's what they were designed for I guess

Stichtplate 23 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

Arcteryx Lefroy shorts. Very comfy, stretchy, integral belt and a zipped pocket large enough for an iPhone XR or bigger. 

Babika 24 Jul 2021
In reply to nathan79:

These look so good I decided to get a pair. Only to find that the women's version instead of having 6 pockets, 2 of which are zipped have only 2 pockets - and no zips!! 

Honestly, manufacturers! Please tell me why women aren't allowed to keep their stuff safe? 

Dave the Rave 24 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

I’ve got a pair of Royal Mail Postie shorts. It helps if you know a postie as these aren’t available generally. They’re good. Two massive cargo pockets with zips and a ‘poachers pocket’ in each to hide the birthday cards with cash in. They’ve Kevlar inserts in the rear to protect against dog bites, but would also be useful on bum shuffling descents. They are truly 4 season shorts.

David Myatt 26 Jul 2021
In reply to Jackob:

I use Rohan Bags shorts. Three zipped pockets that seem plenty big enough for your phone. I could fit several Blackberrys in mine!

cheers, David

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...