UKC

Anasazi sizing....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Richtw 30 Apr 2013
Probably get shot down in flames but anyway.....

I am currently using a pair of Anasazi VCS in size 8 (shoe size 9), top shoe though they are coming to the end of their life. Looking at changing over to Verde or Blanco for mainly south coast limestone (sport & trad).

We don't really have any shops in the sunny south so it will likely be mail order on the Blanco though I can try the Verde at Cotswolds. Anyone got any ideas on the sizing of both the Verde and the Blanco from first hand experience?

Thanks
 neuromancer 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Richtw:
I would say that unless you can size down at least 1.5uk anasazi's probably aren't right for you, unless you're purposely sizing them for multipitch.
 Quiddity 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Richtw:

I am the same size in all of Anasazi whites, greens and velcros if that helps. The fit of the whites is a tad narrower than the fit of the velcros but shouldn't change your size too drastically.
 alooker 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Richtw: I have verdes and blancos in 8, my street size is around 10
 SteveoS 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Richtw:
VCS's fit me perfectly but the Blancos tear into my Achilles.
 Puppythedog 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Richtw: I'm the same in Verde and VCS although with the Verde I get a better fit because they are laces. I've not tried the Blanco and I am interested to see other thoughts.
 Puppythedog 30 Apr 2013
In reply to neuromancer: That seems an odd thing to say. the right shoes are the ones that fit you well regardless of what size they say on the label. Are you suggesting that unless you go 1.5 sizes down from street shoe you are not wearing them tight enough to be any good?
 Quiddity 30 Apr 2013
In reply to neuromancer:

Street shoe size is almost totally irrelevant and statements in the form 'you must size down at least X sizes from your street shoes' are a total red herring. Street shoe sizing is at least as inconsistent as rock shoe sizing in my experience.
In reply to Richtw:

I have Verdes and swapped to VCS the sizing seemed to be the same.
 tony 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Quiddity:

Particularly when Anasazi sizing seems to be completely random - or at least it used to be. I've experienced nominally the same shoe, same label size, but quite different size on the foot. I'd never buy rock shoes online.
 ERU 30 Apr 2013
I use the Velcros and Greens. I find the Velcros need to be a half size smaller than the greens.
 kyaizawa 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Richtw: I don't personally use the VCS/Verde/Blanco (heels just do not fit), but it's worth trying the online bananafingers shoe size calculator - as long as you know your size in a given model, it is pretty accurate (I've tried and tested on all my shoes/new shoes tried on in shops).
Would however point out that it assumes a perfect fit of the shoe to your foot shape, so for the 5.10 Dragons and the Blancos (tried on in a shop), I had to upsize from recommended/calculated size to account for the non-fit of the heel and still get it super tight across the toes: the bottom line is, try them on if you can!!
In reply to ERU: my street size: 9 (8 in guide tennies)
Anasazi VCS :9 ( but quite comfy for all day)
Anasazi white: 9 ( and very very snug, my shoe for steep ground and limestone)
Moccassyms: 9 (comfortable fit)
Goes against what others have said but true. Get to a shop if possible
 Andrew Wilson 30 Apr 2013
In reply to Double Knee Bar:
Street size 8. VCS size 8.5 become bearable just about the same time as the toe wears through.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...