UKC

Andrea Boldrini, any wearers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Levains_Alive 25 Sep 2012
Pretty much the title really, does anyone wear these and if so, honest opinions? I've been seriously looking into a pair, due to the only reviews I can find of them comment of their comfort level as climbing shoes go. But English based information is sparse.
 Pino 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Levains_Alive: My wife does. Very good quality, also the asymmetric lacing offers a very snug fit. Similar to the Testarossa (which I use, but I'd be happy to try the Boldrini, too.). Try them on, though as they are a few different models, at least in France where we bought them.
Pino
 Roberttaylor 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Levains_Alive: They are fantastic. Two friends of mine have pairs and swear by them.
Levains_Alive 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Levains_Alive: thanks for the replies. On to the next problem. I can only find two stockists in the uk. Bananafingers and Ellis Brigham. Both of whic as far as I'm aware only deal with online orders. Which would mean going against common sense and buying without trying them on first. Further question being has anyone tried and followed the bananfingers shoe calculator?
 AlanLittle 26 Sep 2012
In reply to Levains_Alive:

I have a pair of their basic starter model, Pumas I think. I bought them dirt cheap in a clearance sale - 40 or 50 Euros I think - as a throwaway shoe for doing mileage at the wall. They don't look like much but they turn out to peform rather well (on plastic at least - haven't used them on real rock). So much so, that I'm considering getting them resoled for nearly as much as I originally paid for them. Single pull-on loop is the only major drawback.

A mate of mine has Apaches and likes them. I am contemplating whether to get a pair for my next "best" shoes or to stick with Miura Laces.
 mtom91 26 Sep 2012
In reply to Levains_Alive: i have a pair of tiger evos and they are shit! very comfy though, iv had mine over a month and they are almost shot. the rubber isnt that sticky and they are falling apart.
 cha1n 26 Sep 2012

I tried on the Apache 5 at Bananafingers before (they have a small shop, so you can go there). It's a very plush shoe, the materials feel good on the foot. I was put off buying them because the toebox was quite round and I'm used to climbing in more asymmetric shoes.

I'm also used to climbing in shoes with a downturn in the arch and toebox whereas these shoes seem to be the opposite in shape. I imagine they'd be good for smearing but wasn't confident about the support on small edges but I was just guessing, I never climbed in them.

The bananafingers shoe calculator is usually very accurate for me, half size out at most. The advantage with them is that they offer free exchanges by post if the size is wrong! Oh and they can order odd sized shoes from Andrea Boldrini if you have one foot slightly larger than the other! Good luck.
 hokkyokusei 26 Sep 2012
> (In reply to Levains_Alive) thanks for the replies. On to the next problem. I can only find two stockists in the uk. Bananafingers and Ellis Brigham. Both of whic as far as I'm aware only deal with online orders.

Ellis Brigham has shops. Or do you mean that they don't sell the shoes in the shops? Perhaps you could ask your closest shops to get some in specially for you to try?
 The New NickB 26 Sep 2012

Brigham's have loads of shops, they have three in Manchester. As you appear to be in London, they have a big shop on Southampton Street, between Covent Garden and the Strand.
 andyt33 26 Sep 2012

They are awesome! I've got apache 5's. A comfy alternative to the Sportiva Solution sheep shoe.
Levains_Alive 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Levains_Alive: many thanks again for the replies, with regards to ellis brigham, I meant them stocking boldrinis in their stores, at least not those I have tried
 sianabanana 27 Sep 2012
If ellis brigham do them, then they will order them in for you. They have offered to do this for me which other shoes they haven't had in store.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...