UKC

Any decent cam deals anywhere at the moment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FreeloaderJoe 27 Jun 2019

Looking to buy another 3 cams... around 0.75/1/2 sizes... not too bothered about brand. WC/DMM/BD  all fine

... anyone seen anything good?

tehmarks 27 Jun 2019
In reply to FreeloaderJoe:

Lots of deals on old C4s at the minute (or there were a few weeks ago), but I can't point you to anywhere specific. Needlesports and Outside certainly had them reduced but may well have sold out by now, and less helpfully Snell Sports in Chamonix have a big tray of them on their counter, reduced 20%.

Jonny Allen 01 Jul 2019
In reply to FreeloaderJoe:

Hey Joe, 

It’s not exactly what you’ve asked for (no size #0.75) but I have a brand new and totally unused #1.0, #2.0 & #3.0 set of the latest version of WC’s Friends available in case you’re interested? They just don’t have the labels on them anymore for reasons I don’t remember. 

I’d be willing to part with them for a far better price than anything you can show me elsewhere online. 

Also, In case another bargain price could entice you, I’ve also got a second WC #3.0 (new) Friend and a pair of #4.0 C4 Camalots, all still with the tags on this time (don’t ask, I don’t know anymore!) 

I’ve sortov of got a bit of a sudden cash crisis going on actually (otherwise I wouldn’t even have got my finger out to come on here tonight after hoking through my gear room) which if I don’t resolve within a day or two, I might end up offering to sell (among many other things) a full rack of VGC used C4s for a crazy price, and from #0.3 right up to #7.0(!) rather than just the usual #0.3-3.0. 

Ya know, just on the off-chance that you might feel like acquiring your second rack of Cams slightly before you intended, lol. 

Feel free to PM me about any of the above.

Regards, 

Jonny.

Post edited at 01:01
 myrddinmuse 01 Jul 2019
In reply to Jonny Allen:

Hi! By VGC you're not talking about valley giant cams, are you?

Cheers,

Eben

Deadeye 01 Jul 2019
In reply to myrddinmuse:

> Hi! By VGC you're not talking about valley giant cams, are you?

I think he means very good condition; they're C4s

myrddinmuse 01 Jul 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

Ah, yeah! That makes a whole lot more sense...

Jonny Allen 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Deadeye:

> I think he means very good condition; they're C4s

Hi all, thought I better come back here and clean up the confusion I seem to have created after getting on top of a mountain of DMs! 

And yes Deadeye, I did indeed mean Very Good Condition, so thanks for clearing that up in my tardy absence!

I guess I thought wrong that it was still a very well known classifieds shorthand! 

Jonny.

Jonny Allen 02 Jul 2019
In reply to myrddinmuse:

> Ah, yeah! That makes a whole lot more sense...

Eben,

Deadeye is indeed correct his ‘translation’, but sorry for the confusion and/or getting your hopes up! 

Instead we’ll both pretend you spotted the brain-fart I can’t seem to stop making about C4s (but nobody seemed to notice!) and blame it for the confusion.... I can’t seem to stop referring to the largest size Camalot as #7.0 in my head when I don’t count them out for some reason! Especially when I don’t have my said head screwed on (So, always!). 

And those Valley Base Giants are nuts though, aren’t they? I remember seeing them a few years ago and thinking they were ugly as sin to be honest, and twice as sketchy looking.

I’d far rather one of the Merlin cams myself too, or probably just the largest size Trango Big Bros at that range to be honest! But the former really are the epitome of what happens when a talented Engineer’s brain and a CNC machine make a baby, eh? 

Jonny.

Post edited at 19:41
 myrddinmuse 02 Jul 2019
In reply to Jonny Allen:

That's ok, I was just curious/surprised! I'm actually the proud owner of a Merlin cam myself..! Let me know if you can think of any routes I can use it on..! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...