UKC

Anyone using/have the newer Boreal Arwa's?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 doughobbs 23 Oct 2020

As title suggests- is anyone using the newer Boreal Arwa boots (not the Triglav/Nelion's) - what are they like does anyone have any views on them?

There is a review of sorts on them here but very very little on the web in terms of other reviews or peoples experiences with them 

https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/footwear/mountain_boots/boreal_mountain_boo...

In reply to doughobbs:

Can't help with the new ones I'm afraid, I have a pair of the previous (blue) Arwas, feel free to ask about those if it helps.

In reply to doughobbs:

I’ve got a pair, which I used a bit climbing up to Scottish VI last winter.

They are light, comfortable (if they fit) and climb well. The Velcro cuff is neat, and helps keep laces tied, and stops snow/stones from getting in your boots. 

They are fabric boots, so are not as warm, or as weatherproof as some heavier, leather models.

Tom (supplied with boots by Boreal)

OP doughobbs 23 Oct 2020
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Did you find they let water in on Scottish days out? 

Jesse Dufton 23 Oct 2020
In reply to doughobbs:

I have a pair of the newer Arwa boots, I used them for a weeks ice climbing in Hemsedal earlier this year. I think they're great - certainly better than a pair of Asolo boots and the Extremes that I had before those. They're really light and they kept my feet nice and warm in some chilly temps. 

I thought the gaiter did an excellent job of keeping snow out, combined with the gaiter in my trousers. 

It's a little fiddly to tie the laces with thick gloves on but I guess that's probably similar for all lace up boots. But no other negatives. The best bit is how light and warm they were.

In reply to doughobbs:

On big days with lots of bog trotting my feet were often a little damp. However, in my experience, all fabric boots start to let in a little water on those days. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...