UKC

Approx 20 litre Running Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 07 Nov 2012
I'm looking to get a smallish rucksack that's comfy for running to/from work. Needs to be able to hold shirt/trousers and have enough space for a lunchbox and pad of paper ideally.

Can anyone reccommend something that fits the bill (<£50 ideally)?

I've looked at this http://www.lowealpine.com/eng/prod_app_det.php?catid=13&itemid=348&... but thought I'd see what peopel think first.

Thanks.
 Nutkey 07 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch:
I'd get something that's designed for running.

I've not used the OMM 20 litre pack but it's very popular in mountain marathons. I regularly ran 5 miles with the 25 litre pack carrying clothes and laptop.
 MJH 07 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch: Definitely get something designed for running. The OMM 20 litre pack should fit the bill, or one of the Innov8 equivalents.
 chalk bunny 07 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch: I have a 15 litre ultra light omm ruck sac. I paid 49.99, it was a great pack for running and summer walking, as able to fit layers of clothes, lunch, first aid kit and water bladder in it. However downside was I found it was highly flammable, after accidentally placing it near a candle in a London book shop
 Exile 07 Nov 2012

I've got the 20 litre OMM one that I use for mountain marathons and running in and out of work, it is great but because of it's light weight nature you need to fill it for it to carry well; I often find muself putting an old towel in as well as my work stuff just to fill out the space. Also ensure that phones / wallets / keys etc are in a small bag inside it as the zips can come undone, (this has happened once to me,) so you don't want stuff spilling out. (I think I've countered this by pulling one zip tag up, over and down the pack rather than meeting both zips at the top, if this makes any sense!)
Shearwater 07 Nov 2012
I've been generally happy with my OMM Aventure Light 20, though I run only grudgingly. It does service as my commuter bag these days, and there's definitely space enough for a change of clothes and some sandwiches.

It is looking a bit battered of late, though it has had a couple of years of use. When I come to replace it, I'm going to hunt down one of Montane's new bags and see what they're like in the flesh.
OP James Malloch 07 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch: Sounds like OMM do the best packs! I'll have a look for one thanks.

Does anyone know any stockists in Leeds?
 Kevin Avery 07 Nov 2012

I have one of these http://bit.ly/SfXeS6 which I find very comfortable to run with. I normally don't like running with a sack but this works very well for me. A little over the £50 tag though
 Denni 07 Nov 2012

Hi mate,
I have an Osprey Talon 22 for sale that could be what you are after!

Have only used it a few times and is as new. I used it for initial training for an endurance race then upgraded to the 33 litre version due to extra kit needed.

It is a great piece of kit, yours posted for £40. Back length is m/l, same colour as link below, sort of purpleish!

http://53degreesnorth.ie/brands/osprey/osprey-talon-22.html

Den

In reply to James Malloch: Can't beat this for £22.50. I've had one for a year, it's used regularly and showing no signs of wear. Big comfy straps, thin light waist band, totally waterproof and space for a water bladder.
http://www.alpkit.com/gourdon/
 chalk bunny 08 Nov 2012
In reply to James Malloch: I got mine from a gear shop in patterdale. I Went back to the shop a couple of weeks ago and they were awaiting more ultra light pacs to be delivered. They had the ordinary pacs in. I found stockists via google too, but have not replaced the pack,as thinking of using part of a multimat and gaffer tape to patch it up. The bright orange of the pack should be good for winter days in the city on a bike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...