UKC

Arc'teryx Haku or Edelrid Caddy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 20 Oct 2013
In the market for a new rope bag. Anyone have any experience with the Arc'teryx Haku or Edelrid Caddy?
In reply to Aigen: hi there, I've used the Edelrid Caddy extensively, and hauled it around sport crags here and abroad with a 10mm 60m single. I think from a rope handling perspective, it's really great, and is good to carry if you're not far from the car to the crag.
There are a couple of downsides. First, because it packs into a wide, flattish cylinder, it doesn't fit inside a rucksack well for a long carry. Second, if you carry it separately, it's quite an awkward shape and is uncomfortable after a while.
The Arcteryx Haku packs the rope into a more regular shape, and consequently carries and packs into other rucksacks more easily.
As a second thought, I tend now to use an Acteryx Muira 45 rucksack to carry everything,. It has a good sized gear loop for draws etc, and lots of room for everything else including a rope up to 80m. The sac doubles as a rope bucket and is well designed. I use this now for sport and trad and it works well even on long walk ins.
Hope this helps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...