UKC

Arcteryx warranty help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ode87 04 Dec 2020

Hi all

Regarding my Alpha SV jacket

Bought the jacket in - I think - 2014, and about a year or two ago it started delaminating almost everywhere and really badly. I've not really used it since as I've not been in many conditions requiring it. However, as I am now getting back into my winter mountaineering, I decided to send it for repair.

It has been received and checked, and I've been told that they can't repair it without sewing the seams back on, but this would stop it from being waterproof. I don't think this is really a solution in this instance, as it completely negates the benefit of such a jacket. What do you guys think? 

elliot.baker 04 Dec 2020
In reply to Ode87:

I've just read their warranty FAQs here https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/help/product-service and it says the below. Surely under (1) repair it implies "repair [back to fully functioning]" otherwise it's not a waterproof jacket anymore.

"What happens if my product is approved for warranty?

+

If Arc’teryx determines that your Product is subject to this warranty, Arc’teryx will, during the Warranty Period, in its sole discretion: (1) repair the Product at no charge for labor or parts, (2) replace the Product with the same model Product, (3) replace the Product with a comparable Product should your Product be discontinued or otherwise unavailable."

In reply to Ode87:

All jackets are stitched hence why they are laminated.

I would assume they will restitch the whole thing then re-laminate the seams. If the main reason you sent it back was a lamination issue then they will sort it.

In reply to Ode87:

Did they say the stitching would stop it being waterproof, or did you conclude that?

HeMa 04 Dec 2020
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Actually all jackets are not stictched. Arc’Teryx was one of the first to weld seams (not the first though, but might have been the first for outdoor clothing).

In reply to Ode87:

I had the same problem with the exact same jacket of a roughly similar vintage recently. 

Especially annoying as a friend got his delaminating Alpha SV replaced foc.

Post edited at 21:52

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...