UKC

B2 Boot advice - Scarpa vs Meindl

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MattRiley87 10 Jan 2022

Hi all,

after a number of years hiring boots for winters up in Scotland, a friend has advised that some of the newest B2 boots are now light enough to do a lot more than just the week or so each year we're strapping on crampons, and my beloved Meindl walking boots are on the way out. So I'm looking at lightweight winter boots around £250-300. My research has got me down to Scarpa Manta GTX or Meindl Jorasse GTX. There's far more info about the Scarpa's online but my current Meindls have been so good and lasted so long. Obviously I'll be going to try both on and get a feel but anyone have any advice? Is it dumb to go for the Meindls when the Scarpas are so highly regarded? Thanks everyone

wbo2 10 Jan 2022
In reply to MattRiley87: This is for mostly 3 season walking and a week in Scottish winter? Climbing or winter walking? 

OP MattRiley87 10 Jan 2022
In reply to wbo2:

I'd say mostly 3 season walking and hillwalking, with a couple of winter hillwalking trips a year

VictorM 10 Jan 2022
In reply to MattRiley87:

I don't know about the fit of the Manta's in particular but compared to some other Meindl trekking boots (Meindl Island Pro in particular) I found the Jorasses to be pretty narrow. I'd say in terms of quality they should be more or less similar however I do like the mostly one-piece leather with metal eyelets construction on the Manta's. 

Post edited at 15:30
 Andy Hardy 10 Jan 2022
In reply to MattRiley87:

If

1. They fit. 
    And
  2. You can get over the colour

These are brilliant value for money https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mountaineering-boots-alpinism-bleu/_/R-p-1563...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...