UKC

Battery Packs / Power Packs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
womblingfree 16 Mar 2018

Any reccomendatuons out there for decent brands? Preferably something a bit weather proof and enough for a few charges of a Galaxy and a few ecig batteries

Previously bought a Broughton (I think) from Go Outdoors that never did as it should, and then was withdrawn as a fire risk so once bitten twice shy

Thnks

tehmarks 16 Mar 2018
In reply to womblingfree:

I've got an Anker 20000mAh pack that's done exactly what it said on the tin for a few years now. Bit heavy to carry around in your pocket, but the perfect size for keeping things charged for a few days in the tent. Other capacities are also obviously available.

More-On 16 Mar 2018

I'd second Anker. Use them for both work and play, and they are very reliable. Not weatherproof though, but plastic bags are cheap...

womblingfree 16 Mar 2018
In reply to More-On:

Cheers both, Anker and a ziploc sandwich bag it is!

Street 17 Mar 2018

Another vote for Anker here. I've used a few and they seem well built and reliable.

routrax 17 Mar 2018

Got two different ones, not sure of the makes, but one of them requires you to push a button to turn it on (easily forgotten),  push it twice and it turns into a torch, Not great to find it in torch mode when need to charge a phone and it's nearly dead.

I'd go for the most basic one, plug in to charge it, and replug to charge your device, no buttons that make it a torch or something else that flattens it. 

Not sure about waterproof ones as I tend to use a drybag for mine.

I bought an Anker Powercore 10000, it’s ideal.

Dave B 18 Mar 2018

Another vote for anker 

Lusk 18 Mar 2018

Anyone with any thoughts on solar chargers?
http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/gadgets-tech/best-solar-charge... (first search hit)

I've been thinking about getting one if I go trekking.

Ridge 18 Mar 2018

Another vote for anker. 

ianstevens 18 Mar 2018
In reply to Lusk:

I've got a 15W goal zero one. Works great, even in the UK, providing you have clear sky conditions.

jay lafferty 18 Mar 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

I have the Anker 26800 powercore and very happy with it, can charge my samsung galaxy 8 about 5 times (with quick charge). A mate of mine also has the solar panel which we used  in the high atlas mountains to top up our batteries very impressed with it 

you can get them on amazon for a fair price.

James 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...