UKC

Berghaus Velum or Ridgeway??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Euge 08 Oct 2012
Looking for a lightweight shell for winter use over my pile/pertex when the going gets crap...

Not looking for a full hardshell, have one..

Anybody got opinions on the Berghaus Ridgeway V Velum?

Cheers
Euge
OP Euge 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Euge: Hmmm... Guess no one has!!
In reply to Euge:

I've only seen the Ridgeway in TKMaxx, at £70. Face fabric seemed okay. Fairly basic features, and unwired hood (IIRC). The Velum is Gore-tex, of course, vs the Ridgeway's AQ2.5

I think I'd have been more tempted by the Elite HZ smock, in the same fabric, but very minimalist, and only £50. A bit niche for TKM, so probably being knocked down to £33 by now...
 xoran 09 Oct 2012
In reply to Euge: Velum is half price on sport pursuit at the moment...
 ripper 09 Oct 2012
In reply to xoran: I know, I bought a Velum elsewhere a couple of weeks back, although i really wanted the Pro Shell Asgard, which I couldn't find anywhere in my size at a suitably knocked down price. Now Sport Pursuit has the Asgard at about 130, the same as I paid for my Velum. Gutted.
 xoran 10 Oct 2012
In reply to ripper: just buy an asgard too?
 ripper 10 Oct 2012
In reply to xoran: I see your logic perfectly, but I fear mrs ripper would not...
OP Euge 10 Oct 2012
In reply to xoran:
> (In reply to Euge) Velum is half price on sport pursuit at the moment...

Saw that and got one thank you...

Cheers

E
OP Euge 10 Oct 2012
In reply to captain paranoia: Yep... it was in TKMaxx where I saw the Ridgeway. Didn't see Elite HZ Smock.

But bought a Velum Smock from Sports Pursuit for half price...

Cheers
 xoran 10 Oct 2012
In reply to ripper: would mrs ripper notice the difference if you bought similar colour schemes?
No worries E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...