UKC

Bicolour half ropes - whre to find them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drolex 22 Jul 2013
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a pair of half ropes, and ideally I would like a pair of 60ms, that would also be bicolour/bipattern - so I can take only one of them when going to short crags. I was considering Genesis or Cobras (just because I have always used Beal and Mammut - no particular reason) but they don't come in bicolour, do they?

Any recommandation for such ropes? And where to find them (in the interwebz)?

That would be for trad in the peak district and sport in the Pyrénées (but further developments are possible)

Thanks for your views. Any related advice welcome.
 gear boy 22 Jul 2013
In reply to drolex: you can get bicolour cobras definately, where to get them in the UK? ask a shop to order them in,

Other option would be black limit, solid black marking at halfway point, I have Edelrid with this, but others do it too, this is more common in UK, bicolour is more of a euro thing it seems
OP drolex 22 Jul 2013
In reply to gear boy: Thanks for the advice. Any shop to recommend around Manchester that would take orders? Last time I have asked for something a little bit specific, the guy didn't look like he would bother making an order - maybe I should have insisted a little bit more.
 gear boy 22 Jul 2013
In reply to drolex: try the independent stores in the area, alpenstock, Jo Royle, mountain feet, or across the peak try Hitch n Hike or Outside maybe,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...