UKC

Black Diamond shout out for after sales support

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colinakmc 15 Feb 2022

I recently stepped on a sheet of water ice on Cruach Ardrain, landing flat out on my back. No injury except to my dignity and one of my very well used Black Diamond walking poles, which got bent. I emailed BD emphasising that I wasn’t making a claim but asking if I could purchase a replacement section. They requested a photo so that they could send the right bit, and lo and behold a new section arrived today, free of charge.

Aftersales is something we don’t usually know about when buying things but this would certainly sway me towards BD equipment in the future. Tho Gunther other folk ought to hear about it, they deserve it.

BattyMilk 15 Feb 2022
In reply to colinakmc:

I’ve had a good experience with them too. My revolt head torch stopped charging after having it for 3 years. I contacted them asking about buying replacement rechargeable batteries and they just sent out a replacement lamp. I’ve now got 2 head torches. One charges and the other I just use regular aaas in

Pedro50 15 Feb 2022
In reply to colinakmc:

Opposite experience as I have posted before. Kevlar cord in BD pole snapped. No repair possible, no replacement. 6 bits of expensive scrap carbon fibre. 

dominic o 15 Feb 2022
In reply to colinakmc:

Good BD experience replacing broken rucksack buckles FOC. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...