UKC

bouldering pad replacement cover ideas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Schnell 01 Mar 2018

I have a metolius bouldering pad (I think a Metolius Session'is the model) which is quite a few years old but the foam is still in good nick, in fact better than another newer pad which has gone soggy very quick. the problem is that the outer is torn to shreds and beyond repair in my opinion. One of my friends has the same Metolius pad and his is equally wrecked indicating that it's a common problem and I've seen later versions which have reinforced corners. Anyway I'm looking for suggestions for sourcing a replacement cover, I can't find anything online but wondered if anyone has had the same problem and found a solution? Cheers

HeMa 01 Mar 2018
In reply to Schnell:

Might be hard. But taking the shell to a cobler and having them sew some thick cordura on where it is torn. 

Jenny C 01 Mar 2018
In reply to HeMa:

Do metollious sell replacement covers? Worth checking as i know several other  brands do. 

Schnell 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Schnell:

No they don't sell replacements that I can find online anyway. Maybe I should try to get in touch directly. 

RE repair, I think it's beyond repair tbh, missing big chunks of fabric that would be difficult to patch over.

HeMa 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Schnell:

Not difficult at all. A good cobler can basically redo the whole shell. Might be spendy though. 

Another option would be to see If the size is close to anything Alpkit sells, maybe they would sell you just the shell. 

SDM 02 Mar 2018
In reply to HeMa:

Have you had one fixed at a cobblers? I tried to get a mat cover fixed a while back and tried a few cobblers, all of whom said their machines were too small to be able to do it.

Alpkit fixed it no problem even though it wasn't an Alpkit pad.

Schnell 04 Mar 2018
In reply to SDM:

Alpkit is a good shout. I will call in to the shop and ask. thanks

dontfollowme 04 Mar 2018
In reply to Schnell:

Can you post back on how much they do it for. I also have a Metolius pad and the top covering (black side) seems very slick compared to other pads.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...