UKC

Chalk bag for big hands

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shaunhaynes99 01 Aug 2019

Swapping put my chalk bucket  for a smaller chalk bag as  I cant fit in my climbing bag with the other bits, I've tried  the ones my gym sell and I find them all i bit too small or a bit floppy  and difficult to get my hand in any suggestions for a  joke that has a rigid opening and good for big hands 

Remyveness 01 Aug 2019
In reply to Shaunhaynes99:

I find the black diamond chalk bags to have a slightly larger opening. I think I use the Mojo (although not 100% sure that’s the name). I’ve also had a snap chalk bag with a larger opening. Hope this helps 

OP Shaunhaynes99 01 Aug 2019
In reply to Remyveness:

Cheers I'm bit of sucker for black diamond stuff so I'll check a few out 

asteclaru 01 Aug 2019

I use a Black Diamond Mojo too, although I don't have abnormally large hands, and I do find it bigger than other chalkbags, which is great as you can just dip your hands without having to fight your way in.

Use your imagination. A child's seside bucket, a glove puppet, a old sock. Or get the sewing kit out. 

OP Shaunhaynes99 02 Aug 2019
In reply to asteclaru:

Does know with the mojo  if the size  s/m or m/l relates  to waist band or size of the bag?.

Post edited at 05:59
 MischaHY 02 Aug 2019

The Arc'teryx C80 is certainly not the cheapest but it's specifically designed for big hands: 

https://arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/c80-chalk-bag 

In reply to MischaHY:

Looks pretty decent. I like  the look of the

Y and y magnetic one too. Which should stop loose  chalk exploring the inside of my harness and bag and mean I can use loose chalk instead of a ball which will make life easier and it seems to be the same size as the mojo 

jezb1 02 Aug 2019

Check out the Organic ones.

evilscoop 02 Aug 2019

also look at washing peg bags..

ive got one looks like an oversized chalk bag lol

MischaHY 02 Aug 2019

I just use loose chalk all the time with a normal chalk bag and it works fine? You have to make sure it's closed properly but that's about it. Couldn't imagine using a chalk ball on a hard route! 

In reply to MischaHY:

I've been using chalk in my bouldering bucket and  you definitely  get much better coverage then  using a ball.   And takes up a lot less space in the bag. 

Smythson 02 Aug 2019

Try Dirtbags climbing, they make bags from scratch so you can probably specify the size of opening. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...