UKC

/ Charging a drill in the wild??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JTL on 08 Mar 2018

Are there any battery powered drills that can be charged by a car charger ? Or anyone know of a means to charge a drill when travelling out in the wilds ?

Thanks

Jules 

Mark Collins - on 08 Mar 2018
In reply to JTL:

I've managed to charge all manner of items via car plus inverter. I doubt drill batteries would be a problem but I haven't tried them myself.

gethin_allen on 08 Mar 2018
In reply to JTL:

Depending on the brand of drill, Bosch make a 12v car charger for some batteries. Others must have similar products. Otherwise an inverter is probably cheaper and more flexible.

Dell on 08 Mar 2018
In reply to JTL:

If it's SDS for bolting, get a Metabo, their seem to stay ahead of the game with battery tech. They've just brought out an 8.0AH battery, will run for ages! 

jimtitt - on 08 Mar 2018
In reply to JTL:

Normally it´s an inverter, the chargers take a lot of power relative to any car charger system. A lot of cigarette lighter sockets are only 5 or 10amp which won´t cut it normally. The power rating of the charger is on the plate underneath and the biggest one I´ve got is 350W but there are probably bigger. Make sure the inverter is pure sine wave otherwise it probably won´t work either, one of my generators is modified sine wave and does nothing!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.