UKC

Climbing rucksack for 5’4 female

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ColdAndWet 16 Jul 2021

Hi 

My girlfriend is 5’4 

She is looking for a 30-40L sac with a small back length 

Needs to be robust rather than super light alpine fabric and climbing specific with narrow profile, compressible with a lid that doesn’t get in the way of a helmet when looking up.

Does anyone have some good recommendations?

Cheers

Neil 

Moacs 16 Jul 2021
In reply to ColdAndWet:

Black Diamond Speed 40 comes in two back lengths and is an excellent climbing sac

cathsullivan 16 Jul 2021
In reply to ColdAndWet:

I am 2 inches shorter and I have a Blue Ice Warthog 38l which would probably fit the bill. Not sure if it comes in different back lengths or not tbh, but the one I have fits quite well.

r0b 16 Jul 2021
In reply to ColdAndWet:

My GF is about that height and after trying pretty much every rucsac in every shop in Ambleside on a rainy day last year settled on a Lowe Alpine Aeon ND and she is very happy with it.

https://rab.equipment/uk/lowe-alpine-aeon-nd33

OP ColdAndWet 16 Jul 2021
In reply to ColdAndWet:

Thank you. Much appreciated. We really like the crux sacs but they don’t do shorter lengths in all models

daWalt 16 Jul 2021
In reply to ColdAndWet:

Aiguille in Kendal do a good range of solid rucksacks.

I thought they did made-to-measure, or could do additions / alterations to suit (I may be wrong, I can't find any details).

Hat Dude 17 Jul 2021
In reply to daWalt:

> Aiguille in Kendal do a good range of solid rucksacks.

> I thought they did made-to-measure, or could do additions / alterations to suit (I may be wrong, I can't find any details).

Great sacs; not sure if they do made to measure but they do a range of back lengths

They are the sort of company where you can talk to somebody and get knowledgeable advice

Myfyr Tomos 17 Jul 2021
In reply to ColdAndWet:

Another vote for Aiguille. Brilliant sacks. Spoke to Anne at the company when I got mine - very helpful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...