UKC

Clog equipment

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leewil86 26 Jan 2016
Are they any good ? building a rack up for trad and saw a few quickdraws and screw gates by them , can't find much about them just wondered if they were any good bit curious.
 deepsoup 26 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:
I was about to say:
Good grief, are Clog still going? I thought they disappeared years ago.

But then I googled a bit, and I see that according to Wikipedia Wild Country acquired the Clog name way back in 1986. (Wild Country were themselves acquired by Salewa in 2012, they were merged with DMM for a while prior to that I believe.)

If it's second-hand original Clog stuff you've been looking it, it'll be absolutely ancient by now.

If it's new it'll be the "Clog by Wild Country" bargain basement stuff - not cool, fancy or the lightest gear on the market but undoubtedly cheap, cheerful and totally ok.
Post edited at 22:19
 jimbo85 26 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Yes, from the stuff I've seen and had in the past probably won't be the most modern lightweight designs but perfectly good for a first (or I suppose any) rack.
OP leewil86 27 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Cheers guys I will probably grab a few quickdraws or something!
 climber david 28 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Its definitley good gear. A lot of centres use the kit as its no frills, solid and cheap. I think they only make screwgates, snap gates and quickdraws now
RicheyPen 28 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:

Have a few of the newer snapgates. Perfectly fine and seem bombproof. Not super light but not exactly heavy either. TBH I havent given them a second thought since I got them, they just slotted in on my rack with the rest of my gear and have never let me down.
 Mr Trebus 28 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:

If you are looking for something a bit lighter, spotted these the other day an thought it was a good price.

http://www.rockrun.com/singing-rock-vision-quickdraw-5-pack?gclid=CNGk2Pvnz...
OP leewil86 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Nice one mate thanks for that! V and thanks to everyone for their feedback.
 ashtond6 29 Jan 2016
In reply to leewil86:

if you are really into climbing don't bother with it

For a fraction more you can get better equipment & you wont be replacing it in a year or so

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...