UKC

comedy waterproof trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 david100 02 Nov 2013
I was using my pricey event waterproof over trousers recently and I was surprised how rubbish they had become at keeping out water. My wife's cheap ones worked way better.I have had them for about 3 years. Has anyone else had problems issues with event fabric
 SteveoS 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100:

Karimoor do some cheap ones

Have you tried washing your event?

Choss 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100:

Yes. My event Montane jacket was brilliant for first 3 Showers. Next to Useless ever Since.

I wouldnt buy it again.
 Chris Ridgers 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100: Try washing them with Nikwax TX Direct. See the links below.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=430

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=389

Hope this helps.
 Chris Aston 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100: Event fabric needs washing regular and then steam ironed to re-proof it. ive had my Rab gear for at least 5years still works well.
 Rich L 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100:
I have a pair of Teva approach shoes, lined with Event, that I think may be leaking after very little wear. I say "think" because I found this out after misjudging the tide on a beach earlier in the week, and am not 100% sure that the sea did not go over the top.

However, to be honest, I only use them for kicking about in, they are super-comfy, stylish even, and only cost £30 from TK Maxx.

Ridge 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100:

Mrs Ridge has had a Rab event jacket for about 7 years. Still pretty good at keeping water out, although the inner fabric is now beginning to wear. I don't think it's any worse than Goretex of that age.
llechwedd 02 Nov 2013
In reply to david100:
I'd be interested to hear the eVent experiences of people who are out on a big trip where they have to wash in rivers etc and perhaps don't have the capacity to carry the required nixwax product.

In essence, is eVent (or similar technology gear) only any good where you're never too long away from civilisation?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...