UKC

Crag Pack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TRJ 18 Jul 2005
I want a new climbing sack - something around 50L and bombproof, which I can use for both summer cragging and winter mountaineering. Looked at all the usual suspects - Macpac Pursuit, POD Black Ice, ME Diamond etc. - but can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?
 Malcolm 18 Jul 2005
In reply to TRJ:
Karrimor alpinist?
Mine has stood up to everything so far. Not the lightest but very durable with useful features and no posing straps.
 droites 18 Jul 2005
In reply to TRJ: Try a berghaus crag-good,comfy all round sac. Think theyre a bargain to.
Si
pagoda 18 Jul 2005
In reply to TRJ: arcteryx nozone. Load it up as heavy as you like and it feels good.
Geoff de Boer 18 Jul 2005
In reply to TRJ:

Had my ME Diamond for about 3 years- good size, bombproof and handy gear loops on the waist band.
Judderman 11 Aug 2005
In reply to TRJ:

I'm selling a Macpac Nikau. It's more of a trekking pack than a climbing one and probably isn't quite as tough as the Pursuit, but it might still be suitable. Here's the details:

Capacity: 50 litres
Harness: Active
Weight: ~1.9 kg
Size: 3 (for men approx. 5’ 11” – 6’ 4”)
Colour: Black/Submarine (i.e. lightish blue)
RRP: £120 (from Leeds Nevisport)
My price: £70 ono

Very comfortable and tough; fairly lightweight. Suitable for hiking/trekking, travelling, possibly climbing.

Used for about 3 months’ travel in India in 2000/01. Not used since. Quite dirty but otherwise excellent condition. Selling because the back is too long for me (I’m 5’ 7”).

I’ll have some pics ready in a few days when I get the film developed. Let me know if you want to see them. In the meantime, take a look at the Macpac website for details of the2005 version: http://www.macpac.co.nz/products/display/catalogue/do,displayitem-view/mid,...
Judderman 11 Aug 2005
In reply to TRJ:

There's a Macpac Pursuit, a few years old, 45-ishL, good condn, size 2 back (for men approx 5ft 4in-5ft 5ft 10in) on ebay at the mo. I've bid for it but not very much so feel free to make an offer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...