UKC

Dermizax or Gore-tex???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HBBS 01 Sep 2018

Been looking for a replacement for my old gor tex jacket. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with Dermizax?

Never had any experience with it myself but was wondering if anyone had any pointers on it?

Also has anyone had any positive/negative experiences of Bergans of Norway Dermizax/is it good enough for alpine conditions?

Cheers

wbo 01 Sep 2018
In reply to HBBS: it's ok but goretex is better and rather more durable.

Bergman's are like most other brands - they make some good stuff, they make some cheaper stuff.    If they have a problem it's that their range is too big and confusing

OP HBBS 01 Sep 2018
In reply to wbo:

Cheers,

I was wondering why bergmnns kit was so much cheaper. Your know where you are with hitex I guess.

Cheers

andyb211 02 Sep 2018
In reply to HBBS:

Had a creme for an itchy rash I caught in Thailand, same name Dermizax! ????

Toerag 03 Sep 2018
In reply to HBBS:

It seems to be used on ridiculously priced ski clothing. I used to think top end climbing shells were expensive, then I read a Snow&Rock catalogue!

OP HBBS 03 Sep 2018
In reply to Toerag:

But it sems to mainly be used by bergans, and they are much cheaper than major brands using gortex.

Makes me woder why the major brands stick with gotex...

Marmolata 03 Sep 2018
In reply to HBBS:

There was a test recently in a German magazine that compared Jackets of different brands that offered two versions, one with Gore-Tex and one with an in-house membrane. No difference was fount in function of the membranes themselves, but the Gore-Tex membranes were always used in the more sophisticated jackets and the other membranes in the simpler versions ( less pockets etc.).

Here is the link, maybe it works with google translate:

http://www.alpin.de/tests-produkte/25432/artikel_test__wer_gewinnt_den_jack...

OP HBBS 04 Sep 2018
In reply to Marmolata:

Thanks for the replies everyone,

looks like gortex is probably the best bet. cheers!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...