UKC

DMM 3cu / 4cu

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 13 May 2013
Are the DMM 3CU and 4CU going to be phased out? They seem awesome value just now (£26 and £30 repectively)! Despite what the stats say in practice the 4CU's cams are quite a bit narrower in head width than heliums / dragons / camalots, as quite often the stubs on the end of the axel are not what limits placement and even then if you measure from the end of a stub to the end of the last cam (which in shallow vertical slots is what limits placement) they are a fair amount narrower. I've not used the 3CU.
OP CurlyStevo 13 May 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:
Also anyone know why the 0 and 0.5 3CU are not available?
Likes to Fly 13 May 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:
3cu are being discontinued- the only remaining stock Is all that's available I believe.
The only 3cu cams on the most recent trade price list are sizes 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, and 1.75
 JIMBO 13 May 2013
In reply to Likes to Fly
> 3cu are being discontinued...

Interesting. I used a 3cu at the weekend in a weird crucial slot because the equivalent size 4cu/friend/Camelot didn't fit/work...
OP CurlyStevo 13 May 2013
In reply to Likes to Fly:
I'm not sure thats true as it was only a few years back they stopped production to make them in a cheaper way, it does seem odd though not to produce a 0 and 0.5 3cu as these are surely the best sizes for a 3cu, and also the super cheap prices are a bit sus!
OP CurlyStevo 14 May 2013
In reply to Likes to Fly:
yeah looks like your right - from the horses mouth:

"The 3CUs are being phased out and there are no plans to replace the 0 and 0.5 sizes which have sold out. We are of course looking at alternative designs of small, active protection

There are no plans to phase out the 4CU and they are still a core part of our range."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...