UKC

Do durable climbing trousers exist?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 12 Aug 2018

I've been happyish with Moon cypher pants for a while but can't currently find them on sale at my usual cut off price of £30-£40 (I refuse to drag anything more expensive over gritstone). Can anyone recommend any trousers that will not disintegrate as soon as they touch rock? Something like the Cypher's but a bit tougher maybe?

Cheers!

Post edited at 10:20
 bensilvestre 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tigger:

It seems so hard to tell which ones are gonna be durable hey. I just threw away a pair of Lowe Alpine trousers which did me proud for about 6 years of near constant abuse in off widths and all sorts. £60. Some others fall apart in seconds. Mostly posting to see what suggestions crop up as I need some trousers too

OP Tigger 12 Aug 2018
In reply to bensilvestre:

Hmm, what model were they?

Red Rover 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tigger:

I use £10 tracky bottoms from Sports Direct, they've survived grit, welsh gullies and > 1 km long alpine ridge climbs in Norway. Paying £40 for trousers to climb in seems mad.

In reply to Tigger:

Prana Stretch Zion’s or ME Hope Pants both last a long time. 

I had a pair of Moon Cyphers once and thought they were pretty poor to be honest. 

OP Tigger 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Red Rover:

I never thought they'd be touch enough! I'll take a look.

OP Tigger 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

I have a pair of hope pants but the press studs continually come undone and the ankles are like flares with nothing to sinch them down with. Migjt see about some zions on the cheap though.

Post edited at 14:00
 HeMa 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tigger:

Look for cotton, and thick cotton. 

E9 offer such with flashy colors. The other option are the climbing jeans. 

Or do as I do and stock up on cheapo Simond climbing jeans and use ’em until they disintigrate, then pick a new one from the closet. Non climbing ones can also be used for casual stuff. 

In reply to Tigger:

https://www.ronhill.com/mens-trackster-origin

I rest my case - plenty of room for my incontinence pads inside these - Old gits rule!

PS Only £15 online!

Post edited at 15:50
 bouldery bits 12 Aug 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

And endlessly repairable!

bensilvestre 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tigger:

No idea, sorry. 

Kevster 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tigger:

Jeans? I don't stretch as well as jeans do. Work just fine for me.

tonanf 12 Aug 2018
In reply to Tigger:

2nd for prana jeans

In reply to bouldery bits:

Yes precisely so, Duck(t) tape on the inside does not compromise the sylph like fit on the outside.

OP Tigger 12 Aug 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

I may wear these under my trousers, at least then if I tear them in an indecent place nothing will be on show. Do they still come in zebra print? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...