UKC

Evolv Pontas and Geishido - where are they all?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lex 07 Feb 2013
'ow do?

A couple of years ago I found a shoe which had the same feel as the the old Anasazzi Pinks (why oh why did they do away with them...?) in the Evolv Pontas. Now its time to replace them but can I find any stockists in Scotland (or Manchester) where I could try on them at the same time as the Geishidos to see if the latter are a good fit? Or any stockists on 'tinterweb that I can just order some size 10 Pontas from?

I know I haven't searched every retail outlet in the land, but I have looked round the majors and they do seem to be hard to come by.

Any suggestions as to why this is so, and where I can get some from?

Cheers,

Lex
 Duncan 88 07 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:
This may not be what you are looking for but I have some lace up Evolv Pontas in size 10 for sale at £40 inc P&P. They have only been worn twice indoors so are basically in perfect condition.
Let me know if you are interested.
OP lex 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Duncan 88:

I am indeed interested. Will email you just now.

Cheers,

Lex
 Adam Lincoln 07 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:

Tiso in Ratho have both in stock.
OP lex 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Cheers. I did check their website but it said (and still does) out of stock... The same story most places unfortunately.

Lex
 Adam Lincoln 07 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:

Tiso in Ratho has loads in, and all types of evolv models.
 Call-Me-Bryce 07 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:
The website is guff. Give them a bell instead 0131 333 1633
OP lex 07 Feb 2013
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Ok, thanks for that. Will try in person rather than relying on web pages...

Lex
kingofthering 08 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:

This is a good example that imagination is more important than reality.
The Pontas and the Anasazi Pinks are nothing alike but if you belive it you will climb like they are.
I also think its funny that everyone claims that the whites are the "real" offspring of the Pinks since the verdes are, besides the rubber, a lot more like the old Pinks and the white are nothing like them.
 pog100 08 Feb 2013
In reply to kingofthering:

So basically you are right and they are wrong?
 Michael Ryan 08 Feb 2013

Good article here:

Five Ten The New Pink is White: The Anasazi V2

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1095

and my Geshido review

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5021

M
kingofthering 08 Feb 2013
In reply to pog100:
> (In reply to kingofthering)
>
> So basically you are right and they are wrong?

No i just think this whole climbing shoe disscussion and always looking for the newest stuff is stupid.
If you think your shoes are the shit you will climb in them like they are the best in the world.
why does someone who knows what fits him best wan´t to order somethiong he doesn´t even know.
As long as my prefered Model isn´t discontinued i stick to it.
 schloosh 08 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:

I'm pretty sure the Crag Station in Greenfield (short drive from Manc) will have both in stock.
http://www.thecragstation.co.uk/
Give Stuart a call
 AlanLittle 08 Feb 2013
> If you think your shoes are the shit you will climb in them like they are the best in the world.

It's possible to climb hard 9b+ in my shoes - although not with my feet in them.

OP lex 08 Feb 2013
In reply to lex:

Just to thank all those who took the time to add some helpful suggestions. I'm buying the second hand ones offered above and will try on the Geishidos as and when I can.

Cheers,

Lex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...