UKC

Exercise Bench Innovations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Xharlie 26 Jul 2021

Along with the house that my wife and I bought (and subsequently took occupation of) in Allgäu, Bavaria, last Autumn, we inherited a mamoth stack of wooden beams and planks that the previous owner left in the workshop. I've been tooling up and building stuff out of these (well sanded, they transform from mucky, old chunks of scrap wood into beautiful, clean, albeit sometimes a tad 'distressed' lengths of useful material) and my next project is to be an exercise bench for my home gym (actually a converted winter garden or conservatory on the ground floor) which I began setting up during certain interminable lockdowns.

I'm looking for innovations and inspirations on how to make it a little bit more versatile than just a simple flat bench upon which one may lie prone or supine. Anything you've seen or conceived is worth debating.

So far, the only idea I've had is to bore a hole through a supporting block or bracket on one end so that I can shove a pole or bar through said hole and have something to lock my toes beneath, for medicine ball or other abdominal muscle exercises.

I don't really want to make it convertible into an inclined (or hinged, partially inclined) bench because I'm not really a fan of inclined bench exercises but that's another possibility I did entertain for a while.

All ideas are welcome.

plyometrics 26 Jul 2021
In reply to Xharlie:

Have a look on Pinterest. Loads of good DIY gym equipment ideas on there, some of which come with plans, e.g…

https://images.app.goo.gl/ssZ9s1kuXgYp7b3f6

Cobra_Head 26 Jul 2021
In reply to Xharlie:

There's a thing advertised on the telly, that is basically a trolley on a bench which can be inclined, it looks very adaptable and looks like it might give a massive range of exercises.

I don't know what it's called because, I know I wouldn't use one, but it's probably the best of that sort of thing I've seen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...