UKC

Expedition Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rubbishy 16 Jan 2013
I had to leave my old expedition bag in a bin in Santiago, mostly because it smelled like a tramp's vest and sported a selection of dubious stains. It could have been boiled up for soup.

Now looking for a new doss bag and seen the usual Rad Neutrino and Ascent, and a couple of the Western Mountaineer bags.

Can anyone recommend a decent bag. Not sure if I want a fully water proof outer due to packing size and weight, but open to be educated.
m0unt41n 17 Jan 2013
In reply to John Rushby:
In order

Crux
Western Mountaineering
PHD

But looking at the prices they must have gone crazy in last few years, I know these were expensive when I got mine but I do not remember them being that much.

ice.solo 17 Jan 2013
In reply to John Rushby:

consider the double bag 'system'. a really light synthetic outside to cope with moisture, a good down inside.
1 + 1 = 3, lots of options, weight works out about the same. andy K has written about it, as have others.

as it goes im heading out tomorrow with just such a system that ive slept in happily to -29. weighs 1450g (650g synth/800g down, which is similar to a single bag rated to such, but deals with moisture infinitely better, especially over a few days, and i have 2 bags to use in all the other seasons.

bit of a pain in the ass till you work out how the 2 bags best work together, but really comfy when you do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...