UKC

Feathers escaping from rab jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climbygirly 09 Oct 2013
I have a women's Rab neutrino vest that I bought a few days ago. It's amazingly warm but my only problem is that the feathers keep coming out. I've been pulling them back in as you're meant to but it's been at least 10 feathers just today, especially at the seams. Is this normal?
 Timmd 09 Oct 2013
In reply to Climbygirly: I've had 3 feathers in approx ten years escape from my Rab jacket.

I think it's supposed to be normal, but I dunno how many is. You could ring Equip Outdoors and see what they say?
In reply to Climbygirly: Usually a problem with the amount of feather here is in the mix. Usually Rab have a low feather/down ratio so you really shouldn't get too many trying to get out. are they all in the same area?
 StuMsg 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Climbygirly:

Less feathers = less weight = faster walking = longer in bed
OP Climbygirly 10 Oct 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales: they are all over but lots from the seams. I emailed rab about it in the end and got this reply...

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your new vest. If the item is very new you will get some down loss from the seams and any down caught in the stitching during manufacture works itself out. This should start to lessen during use. If after a couple of weeks of wear you still feel that the item is leaking excessively then you can return it to the shop you purchased it from as the item is so new.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
 JayPee630 10 Oct 2013
In reply to Climbygirly:

Like they say, it's normal in a new garment, and won't make any difference to warmth. It'll stop at some point.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...