UKC

Fjern Equipment - anyone used their clothing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alan M 21 Oct 2018

Does anyone have experience of this company?

http://fjern.equipment/#/about/

What did you think of their clothing? Any good? Or should I avoid?

1philjones1 21 Oct 2018
In reply to Alan M:

Got one of their hooded fleeces off Sportpursuit. As good as the top brands in my opinion.

OP Alan M 21 Oct 2018
In reply to 1philjones1:

> Got one of their hooded fleeces off Sportpursuit. As good as the top brands in my opinion.

Good to hear.  I have seen things on Sportpursuit also. Since using Alpkit I am more inclined to look at less well known gear manufacturers. Will buy it and see what happens.

jimtitt 22 Oct 2018
In reply to Alan M:

> Good to hear.  I have seen things on Sportpursuit also. Since using Alpkit I am more inclined to look at less well known gear manufacturers. Will buy it and see what happens.

It´s an own-brand label belonging to SportPursuit.

OP Alan M 22 Oct 2018
In reply to jimtitt:

> It´s an own-brand label belonging to SportPursuit.

Is that a good or bad thing?

wbo 23 Oct 2018
In reply to Alan M:

Read up on their trading practices and decide for yourself

OP Alan M 23 Oct 2018
In reply to wbo:

> Read up on their trading practices and decide for yourself

Would you like to point me in the direction of some places to start.  A search on the internet brings up a mixed bag, but many companies have similar online reviews.  You can't be all things to everyone.

jimtitt 23 Oct 2018
In reply to Alan M:

> Is that a good or bad thing?

That depends on what kind of consumer you are.

Some want to know if the item is produced by a vile multi-national concern with links to the international arms trade, whether the wicking layer is made from recycled disposable nappies and the down is live-plucked by five year old blind kids in Bangladesh.

Some couldn´t care less and only look at the price point but without knowing who produced the item one will never know.

Whether vertically-orientated flash selling means the death of traditional outlets and whether this is a good or bad thing is another matter though looking at how other companies are succeeding and the amount of cash calls Sportpursuit have had compared with revenue it´s not a marketing strategy I would personally bet on. That they are starting to produce their own range tells us that they see the opportunities lie elsewhere from their original idea.

Post edited at 16:06

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...