UKC

Gas stove adaptor

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 29 Oct 2012
I recall seeing something recently about an 'adaptor' that could be used with the pierce-able 'bluet' gaz cartridges to allow use with a coleman/primus style screw-in burner. But that is about all I can remember...

Any clues to manufacturer? Anybody used one? (might be a good thing to chuck into baggage for flying out for camping trips).

Cheers.
 geordiepie 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:

I've used one and they work well. The only slight problem is if you've got a load of gas left when you need to fly home, you've got to burn it off or realease it somewhere suitable
 Neil Williams 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Say:

I'd have thought the screw type are probably more common (or at least as common) these days.

Neil
OP Andy Say 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:
That's the jobbie! Many thanks.
OP Andy Say 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Neil Williams:
> (In reply to Andy Say)
>
> I'd have thought the screw type are probably more common (or at least as common) these days.
>
> Neil

I've found in France and Spain in winter that screw-in canisters are like rocking horse droppings - apart from teeny ones. Total pain if you are trying to shop just after landing. Last year I tried two Decathlons to find that 'camping' was out of season and 'skiing' had just replaced it!

You can normally get the Camping Gaz 'clik' cartridges but its good to have an alternative.
 Reach>Talent 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Say:
You can also get a clik adaptor. A "Standard" gas canister is a 7/16th" UNEF Lindal valve which may make searching easier

Needle Sports 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Say:

There are actually several different ones available: http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Cooking-Equipment/Fuel-Fire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...