UKC

Gore Infinium- what's it actually for?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neuromancer 20 Feb 2020

There's a grand looking pair of Berghaus 'gore infinium' trousers for sale on the evil website that shall not be named.

I wondered if they might make good ski touring trousers as my pro shell bottoms are pretty heavy and my climbing trousers are too light. Sort of spring touring, trus long sleeve t-shirt and a gilet vibe.

Can anyone tell me what infinitum actually is? Is it stretchy? Does it feel like.. say.. pertex equilibrium? Or stretchy non membrane softshell?

Post edited at 10:49
 GHawksworth 20 Feb 2020
In reply to neuromancer:

It's Goretex without taped seams.

Windproof material for cold dry and windy conditions where the prospect of getting wet isn't really a worry.

Gore infinium is the new name for gore windstopper.

CurlyStevo 20 Feb 2020
In reply to GHawksworth:

I believe windstopper / infinium also has larger pores / holes which is why its more breathable

GHawksworth 20 Feb 2020
In reply to CurlyStevo:

No, it's exactly the same! Or at least that's what I was told when having my Goretex training by the gore rep 😉

Slarti B 20 Feb 2020
In reply to GHawksworth:

Not according to what I was told and also according to Google .  Maybe check your Gore rep has access to a computer!!

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/blog/article/what-is-the-difference-between...

https://www.facewest.co.uk/Gore-Tex-Fabrics-Explained.html

GHawksworth 20 Feb 2020
In reply to Slarti B:

He had just come off his own brand training. Thanks for that though. Will bring it up next time I see him.

stevevans5 20 Feb 2020
In reply to neuromancer:

In the same way you can get goretex with all kinds of outer fabrics that feel differently and stretch etc differently, I assume infinium comes in many forms depending what it is. All you know by the fact it is infinium is that it's not waterproof, will probably breathe quite well assuming it's not wetted out and it will be completely windproof! 

charliesdad 20 Feb 2020
In reply to neuromancer:

To sell more anoraks?😀

GHawksworth 21 Feb 2020
In reply to Slarti B:

An email from Gore Tex;

Dear Mr Hawksworth,

Thank you for your email. 

We confirm that the size of the pores is the same as in GORE-TEX classic products, the difference is the construction. 

We remain at your disposal for further information. 

Thank you and we wish you a nice day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...