UKC

Greasy grigri+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cjreid 10 Mar 2018

Hi, is anyone having grease come out of there grigri+ I have noticed it and cleaned but still coming out 

Cheers 

AlanLittle 11 Mar 2018
In reply to Cjreid:

You don't seem to be the only person with this problem: https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/topic/113884427/grigri-grease-anyone

OP Cjreid 11 Mar 2018
In reply to AlanLittle:

Hi thank you I did see that, just wondering if anyone in the UK is in the same boat I have been in contact and they seem to think it's ok to tell you not to use until further notice 

Thanks 

Cheers 

kevinroet 22 Mar 2018
In reply to Cjreid:

I have the same problem, seem to have been fobbed off by Petzl. It may not be the damage to the rope I'm concerned with, but the fact that a greasy rope may slide more through the device more

OP Cjreid 23 Mar 2018
In reply to kevinroet: did you get this lol not to happy about it will they suply cleaner

Good morning,

I am sorry to hear about your GRIGRI+ leaking grease, sorry it has taken a while to reply. The grease that has appeared on your GRIGRI+ is a result of the manufacturing process and is nothing to be concerned about. Some of this grease may come out over time but offers no risk to your GRIGRI+ or rope. Petzl recommend that any grease identified in pre-use checks simply be wiped off with a clean cloth; no other action is necessary. Any grease that comes into contact with your rope will not harm the rope itself and should simply be washed off according to the manufactures instructions.

If you have any further questions please let me know,

spidermonkey09 23 Mar 2018
In reply to Cjreid:

That seems pretty reasonable to me, no?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...