UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: Ground-Up walls from Interface Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 15 Oct 2020
Five

The new Ground-Up walls and Greenholds from Interface Climbing provide an affordable and adaptable system for climbing and training at home. The self-assembly walls, available in a range of angles and widths, along with the system-board holds and custom sized mats, make this the ultimate piece of climbing furniture for any home.

Read more
 ChrisBrooke 15 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

These look very nice. Obviously a lot more money than DIY etc, but takes the effort out of it, while looking very attractive, and I'm sure being very practical and solid.

Curious as to how well they'd hold up outside - 365 days/year in a Sheffield garden for example? How is the timber treated? From the article it looks like baaaasically an indoors thing, which is fair enough.

Chris

Post edited at 15:14
 Sl@te Head 15 Oct 2020
In reply to UKC Gear:

Does it come with a 'Ground-up' guidebook?

In reply to ChrisBrooke:

Chris, Glad you like the look of the product.

The walls are made from exterior grade plywood, with no timber at all. We recommend treating with a water based wood preservative and varnishing to get maximum life outdoors - which is a service we can offer - but is excluded from the standard product to keep the product as affordable as possible. We can also offer a full stainless steel fixing set, but this is non-standard for the same reason.

We are shortly going to be launching some other elements of the system, including shelters to protect the wall and climber from rain, snow or sun. Please keep an eye on our socials and site for release soon.

Thanks, Team Interface

In reply to Sl@te Head:

OK, this is new territory, so I guess the ethics as we see it had better go now:

Ground-up build - instructions allowed (of course this is safer)

On-site build - no instructions - way too much beta in there!

ChrisBrooke 16 Oct 2020
In reply to Interface Climbing:

Hi there. Thanks for the response. I'll keep an eye out on your socials etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...