UKC

Hard Foam Roller?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Os_878 23 Jul 2014
Hi

I have had a foam roller for sometime & found it very useful, but last year i progressed to a Plastic roller from a indo board to solve my myofascial release needs. But this was nicked a few weeks back from my local gym & i need to replace it but an indo set cost £100+ & i don’t need the set just a hard roller. Ive seen people using pipes Etc but doesn’t anyone know where i can get a hard foam roller or plastic roller (of a large enough size) to continue to use on my quads etc to release tension? or anyone inventive enough to advise a different solution?

Thanks

Olly
 rousse 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Os_878:

I've got a Grid foam roller which has a hard plastic cyclinder covered with firm foam in various patterns. It's firmer than the normal foam rollers, good for travelling too as you can stuff the inside with things...

These guys make them but I bought mine from a running shop in Newcastle

http://www.tptherapy.com/
 Ava Adore 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Os_878:

Got mine from Amazon
OP Os_878 23 Jul 2014
In reply to rousse:

Yeah tried the Grid, not hard enough :/
was very gutted as they arent cheap
 hamsforlegs 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Os_878:

Nalgene bottle, rolling pin, barbell, length of hard drainpipe, sturdy wine bottle (careful now), lacrosse ball, golf ball, lump hammer, pneumatic drill.

A barbell plate, kettlebell or flagstone to weight down any of the above during torture sessions can also help and, as Kelly Starret likes to point out, it means 'you can black out, and when you wake up you're still self releasing'. Great.
 john spence 23 Jul 2014
In reply to Os_878:

Got a knobbly one from TKMAXX, hard plastic pipe with pretty hard outer covering, if you want it really hard then a length of plastic soil pipe will do, any builder will probaply have an offcut, or look in skips.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...