Loading Notifications...

Helmets for the small of head

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Will Hunt 27 Jul 2020

My Petzl Meteor has reached the end of a hard 15 years of service and I need a replacement. I have an astonishingly small head, meaning that the Petzl thing always made me look like Toad from Mario Kart. Any ideas for a replacement that might be less bellendular? Do they generally make ladies helmets in a smaller size?

nufkin 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

Petzl make most of their helmets in two sizes now - you'll probably find the S/M Meteor works okay (something like 50-58cm head). Or try the Borea, which is like the smaller size of Boreo but with a notch for your ponytail in the adjuster

Dell 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

Black Diamond Half Dome is available in two sizes, the smaller one should do you fine. 

In reply to Will Hunt:

... I have a small(ish) head and other than the original Petzl Meteor the newer Meteors definitely have a bellendular look, at least when I wear them... I went for a BD Vapor which is available in S/M and has been great...

Post edited at 22:00
 GMohr 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

I'd second the BD vapour, previous helmets have always given me the same outline I had during the "bowl cut" or "curtains" hairdo phase during the late 90's... This one doesn't make you look like you should be a side character in a Mario game.. That much anyway.. 

SteveSBlake 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

Tim, Bronwen and I are all pinheads as well Will...... Of those we use, the neatest helmet (that fits snugly and doesn't make you look like a mushroom - very important) is the small sized Edelrid Shield. I am currently using the small sized BD Vector.  Their Vapour looks pretty close fitting and is even lighter.

Steve

Will Hunt 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

Thank you, pea-headed brethren.

99ster 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

My Mrs has a small head (has been known to wear child sizes in horse riding helmets).  We got her a woman's BD Vector in the small size and it's been great.  Definitely recommended. 

StuMsg 28 Jul 2020
In reply to Will Hunt:

Another vote for BD. Think I have the vector in S/M size.

Marmolata 28 Jul 2020
In reply to nufkin:

I second the Borea, fits my 10 year old well.

In reply to Will Hunt:

I have the most ridiculous peanut head and can fit into the same hats as my 3 year old niece. I wear the Black Diamond Half Dome in an S/M.

Post edited at 20:53

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.