/ I miss my 5.10 Pink’s

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
RR on 09:43 Fri

I miss my 5.10 Pink’s (UK 8.5.). Tried to order them on Adidas site on sale last weekend in the US. But no they don’t ship outside the US. Miura’s is now longtime my alternative, those are ok, but still miss the pink’s. Is there another shoe I should consider? with the same characteristics? I got still Verdes (way softer and also out of stock). I use la Sportiva TC’s and Testerossa’s.  ?Does any one know if the Anasazi Pink are coming back. ? Or is it just over with Five Ten.

DenzelLN - on 09:45 Fri
In reply to RR:

Tenaya Masai are similar i believe 

joe.91 - on 09:56 Fri
In reply to RR:

Check out UnParallel shoes, made by the old guys that make 5.10 shoes. 

MischaHY - on 12:15 Fri
MischaHY - on 12:19 Fri
In reply to RR:

I actually linked the LV there but here is the regular fit: https://darkventures.co.uk/shop?olsPage=products%2Funparallel-lace 

My understanding is that they're very comparable. 

Mike Highbury - on 12:20 Fri
In reply to MischaHY:

> Here you go, new pinks! 

If only.

The colour is right, for sure. But the description sounds more like a white.

naked ape - on 12:37 Fri
In reply to RR:

Tenaya Masai are the closest I've found. Heel not totally perfect for me, but better than the pinks. Slightly stiffer, a bid more edgy too? 

Paul Sagar - on 12:40 Fri
In reply to RR:

Tenaya Masai - like the 5.10 pinks but 20 times better. 

RR on 13:02 Fri
In reply to joe.91 and all:

Thanks a bunch for all the replies. Will try both.

Next problem what size for the Tanaya Masai and the Unparallel Lace up.

It’s good to have a sense of size direction because I have to mail order different sizes. 

Here some sizes I use: Anasazi VC, Verdes and Pink I am 8.5 UK. Muira’s VC and lace 8.5 UK. Testerossa 8.5 UK performance and 9 UK for comfort.

MischaHY - on 13:04 Fri
In reply to Mike Highbury:

Having had a bit more of a read I'm inclined to agree. In that case, Tenaya Masai probably fits the box. 

MischaHY - on 13:05 Fri
In reply to RR:

Tenaya circa 1 size down from street. No idea with the unparallel but imagine it's similar to 5.10. 

naked ape - on 13:54 Fri
In reply to RR:

I'm 8 for Tanaya Masai and same for Anasazi pro. I think I was 8 for pinks and greens too.

L 88Dan - on 14:02 Fri
In reply to RR:

I wish I had managed to find another pair of pinks or verdes in 8.5. The whites I have are great, but I had to get them a size bigger, they feel a touch tight and there is still a bit of dead space in the heel. How many more shoes will 5.10 bring out that are supposed to be such an improvement on the originals that still have the same inherent problem.

PhilTimpotts on 18:44 Fri
In reply to RR:

There's a pair listed on a well known auction site right now...

Paul Sagar - on 23:29 Sun
In reply to RR:

Tenaya Masai: one full size down from street for a very snug fit, 1/2 size for more comfort/use on longer routes. They are superb shoes - just been using them on Stockholm granite and cannot speak highly enough of them. 

FWIW: Tenaya Oasi, exact same sizing as Scarpa instinct for me, i.e. two full sizes down from street (yes, I wear 5.5 climbing shoes because I have tiny little girl feet [and hands]). All the better to stand on edges with  

RR on 08:55 Mon
In reply to Paul Sagar:

Paul and all

EBay didn’t allow me to order from the continent.

In the end I found Pinks (in Canada), but the effort to get them is way beyond realistic (extra postage and custom taxes!). Not again. Besides that, if I am right then the rubber Adidas is using is different (=less sticky) from what was used before. 

Will order Tenaya Masai as an good alternative to the Pinks. As well as the Unparallel Lace Up. The rubber of Unparallel is promises to be even stickier then the original 5.10 rubber. 

With a smile: the numbers of my credit card are fading.

Thanks for all the answers.

Paul Sagar - on 09:54 Mon
In reply to RR:

I think you'll be pleased with the Masai! I have to say I was really disappointed with my last two pairs of 5.10 pinks: the first pair wore out far too quickly relative to the amount use they received, and the second paid was much bigger despite being officially the same size (very poor product control) and I also agree that the rubber is not up to snuff. Strongly suspect Adidas just scrimping on the production process. Far better to go for a dedicated company like Tenaya that seem genuinely committed to raising the bar in terms of climbing shoe quality.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.