UKC

If Evolv Bandits fit well, what else should I try?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone_donkey 24 Dec 2013

Had a couple of pairs of Evolv Bandits now which have been some of the best-fitting (and worst-smelling) shoes I've ever had. Fancy a change now and would like to know what others who fit bandits would also recommend as a similar fit for all-round use (indoor, grit, Portland) up to the high 6's/low Es
Post edited at 09:52
 mrchewy 24 Dec 2013
In reply to Stone_donkey:

I've found Boldrinis fit well (better actually) after 3 pairs of Bandits but smell just as bad - totally man made. Having said that, I'm still climbing in the Bandits, they just work for me.

Muiras felt horrific!
 Jon Stewart 24 Dec 2013

I've been wearing Bandits for a while (out of poverty rather than choice, they're plentiful second hand) and Scarpas generally fit me well. Favourite Scarpas are Vapour V (not sure if these are still current).
bust3r 24 Dec 2013

regarding worst smelling...
I was absolutely disgusted every time I walked anywhere near my katanas. what (surprisingly) completely sorted it was a bath in water with baking soda!
 UKB Shark 24 Dec 2013

Bandits for comfort, anasazi whites for performance

OP Stone_donkey 30 Dec 2013
In reply to shark:

Are the Whites essentially an edging shoe, or equally good for smearing?
 spidermonkey09 30 Dec 2013

I've got whites and I'm not a huge fan of smearing in them as they're really stiff. I did Elegy in mine just after getting them resoled and wished I'd waited! Probably the best for any other rock than grit though for properly tiny holds.
 UKB Shark 30 Dec 2013

They are better for edging than smearing but I find that once the torsional stiffness across the toe piece goes in the whites (usually about 4-6 months for me) then they become rather like the Greeens and are then better for smearing but the magical precision edging has gone. HTH

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...