UKC

Induction Forge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimtitt 16 Sep 2017
Anyone got/use an induction forge round 15kW? I want to try something before I splash out for something which doesn´ t do what I want.
Removed User 17 Sep 2017
In reply to jimtitt:

Following this thread I looked them up on YouTube, your answer might be there, I found quite a few results.
OP jimtitt 17 Sep 2017
In reply to Removed Usergilesf:

Unfortunately not, there´ s nothing in any of the technical literature either so I need someone to do a very brief experiment.
In reply to jimtitt:
Is it something that an Engineering Dept in a University would have and be interested in the experiment?
Post edited at 09:26
OP jimtitt 17 Sep 2017
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

Possibly, my knowledge of uni engineering departments is from the days of steam and big hammers! There´ s one up the road but it´ s a gigantic thing so not really what I´ d want to be doing and their´ s doesn´ t have the frequency adjustment I´ m interested in.
The hassle is the main suppliers are in the USA and China and no-one seems to import what I´ want into Europe, if I bring one in personally I´ ll be the idiot getting the CE mark put on it. If no one appears I´ ll have to find someone in the US that can try it out and then see about importing one.
 lithos 17 Sep 2017
In reply to jimtitt:

or go on hols to the USA and get some climbing in...
 SenzuBean 18 Sep 2017
In reply to Mountain Llama:

> Maybe give these folks a call?

What a fascinating site - spent ages in there.
 beardy mike 18 Sep 2017
In reply to jimtitt:

Hey Jim - might not be of any use to you but I believe DMM induction heat offsets to braze them? Or would what you want it for be a bit industry sensitive?
 Toerag 18 Sep 2017
In reply to jimtitt:

> The hassle is the main suppliers are in the USA and China and no-one seems to import what I´ want into Europe
Really? I'd have thought anyone wanting to heat up metals these days would use induction as it's so efficient and controllable.
 fred99 18 Sep 2017
In reply to jimtitt:

The company I work for makes Induction Furnaces, and we have definitely sold small ones to both Warwick and Birmingham Universities.
Now Warwick Uni has a climbing wall (and hence club), and Birmingham has a climbing club.
Someone at one or other of these might be able to help.
 Stew1803 29 Sep 2017
In reply to Toerag:

its still more expensive than gas, blacksmithing is my main hobby (Mainly forging tools). and I looked into induction, apart from me not having any electrical knowledge, it was just too expensive. so I use a gas forge (Coal now and then).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...