UKC

Is Climb On worth it?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mutl3y 14 Jan 2013
...is it actually better at getting the skin on your fingertips to grow back than non-climbing-moisturisers like Compeed? I'm suffering from a bit too much grit and want to get back on it soon as. Wonder whether it's worth tracking some down...

Cheers
 Keendan 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Mutl3y:

I think it's worth it. I only use it on consecutive days when my skin is particularly sore, and I've had one bar over a year.
 BoulderyDave 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Mutl3y: Best thing for a spot of Grit Rash.

I was in outside the other week and an old lady popped in for some, her dermatologist had recommended as the best thing for skin!
OP Mutl3y 14 Jan 2013
Thanks guys, that's decided then. Off to the shop. Ta.
 chers 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Mutl3y: Yes, it is
 samwillo 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Mutl3y: Personally prefer tipjuice, another similar brand, found it made the hands a bit less greasy then climb on does after applying.
 Paul at work 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Mutl3y: Personally I use - http://www.skinny-dip.co.uk/store/Miracle-Balm-Beeswax-Natural-Balm.html Its home made in the UK, and Ash who is one half of Skinny-dip is a climber.
In reply to Mutl3y: i use tip juice for my tips and use climb-on if i get a cut or flapper and pack it in as a second skin, seems to work pretty well.

tip juice seems to turn into more of a liquid/balm when applied to the skin and soaks in really well! if my tips are sweating through, i put that on at night going to bed and they wont be in the morning!!!

climb-on keeps it thick greasy texture which is why i pack it into cut etc because it stays there for a good while and takes the edge off if still climbing like a second skin!!!

both great products and last for ages!
 UKC Forums 17 Jan 2013
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear - Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
In reply to Mutl3y:

This sounds like a group of fashion models talking. Where is ukC?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...