UKC

Jeans and big thighs help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Darkskys 02 Jan 2013
So after years of outdoors I've got myself a good pair of thighs which unfortunately don't fit into any jeans anymore. I tend to wear shorts the majority of the time, which mid winter makes me look ridiculous!

Does anyone reccomend any specific make of jeans that may help me at all?
 Reach>Talent 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:
Next seem to do ok provided you avoid "starving Emo" fit.
 lost1977 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

good luck mate i have had that problem for years best bet is go buy some jeans in the US (waist to thigh proportions in jeans seems to be better)
OP Darkskys 02 Jan 2013
In reply to lost1977: I had the opportunity to go to NY a few years ago and the Levi jeans I bought were spot on, over here the fit is completely different to what they have!

How do Dickies jeans fit although I don't really want to look like an odd skater?
 LastBoyScout 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

I have similar problems buying trousers and usually end up buying "casual" fit jeans - the GAP ones are very good and not too expensive.

Definitely avoid Levis 501s, for a start - 758 are possibly my baggiest jeans, but I don't think you can get them anymore.

Paul Smith ones are borderline - I wouldn't want them any tighter!

I'm currently sat in Armani, though
 GrahamD 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

Is this a question about 'gear' (ie climbing clothes in which case the obvious answer is to wear something more practical than jeans) or a general fashion question (in which case I'm reliably informed I haven't a clue)?
 lost1977 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

Dickies fit ok
 Enty 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

This is me.

I'm 34" waist but need a 36" jean (with a belt) to make them comfortable on my thighs.

E
 lost1977 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Enty:

30" waist 34" jeans are snug on my thighs (thighs are 26.5" at the moment)
OP Darkskys 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Enty: Exactly my (usual) size but having to turn to 36" ones to make them fit. I'm going to try a few pairs of dickies on when I can. My last pair of jeans which were stretchy are now develpoing a hole in the crotch, which I don't mind as it gives the tackle more breathability but going commando may prove difficult when wearing in public.
 Hannes 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys: Why not hit your local TK maxx up? I found a pair of calvin klein that have very generous thighs for about £25 there
OP Darkskys 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Hannes: Thats where I got the stretchy pair of jeans from, the only thing about TK Maxx is hammering through the jeasn they have too many!
I'll have to put aside an afternoon and get out shopping ion the high street to see what they can offer
 lost1977 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

it is worth noting that so long as you have awesome looking calfs then shorts are good year round (even at wedding, funerals and job interviews)
 thedatastream 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Reach>Talent:
> (In reply to Darkskys)
> Next seem to do ok provided you avoid "starving Emo" fit.

Agree, Next boot fit and casual fit seem to have plenty of room for large thighs

RBK 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys: I have the same problem, my best fitting pairs are usually looser cut Levi's but I've just got some Howies Drover's reduced in the Wiggle sale that fit perfectly.
 Dan_S 02 Jan 2013
In reply to RBK:

The Gap standard fit is OK on my thighs. Agree about Next standard fit too.
 Tall Clare 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

Less decisively-thighed brother used to swear by Paul Smith. The other, more Hoy-thighed one, said Howies were good.
 lost1977 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

do you have the same issue with shirts, i find its impossible to buy a shirt which fits the chest without being tent like on my waist
 Clarence 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys: I usually buy a pair of bigger jeans and take them to someone who alters clothing to have four inches lopped off the waist/arse. Either that or cheapo Asda stretchy jeans. At the moment I am having problems with getting my calves into fashionable jeans so it is back to the George bags of shame.
 LastBoyScout 02 Jan 2013
In reply to lost1977:
>
> do you have the same issue with shirts, i find its impossible to buy a shirt which fits the chest without being tent like on my waist

Slim fit is your friend - it's certainly mine

Don't go fitted, as that's a step too far.
 Indy 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

High & Mighty?
 deepstar 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to Darkskys)
>
> The other, more Hoy-thighed one, said Howies were good.

What on earth does Hoy-thighed mean?..Like The Old Man!
 Tall Clare 02 Jan 2013
In reply to deepsoup:

That!
 Tall Clare 02 Jan 2013
In reply to lost1977:

Mr TC is broad of shoulder and slim of waist - years of swimming. He particularly likes T M Lewin fitted shirts, as they have the added benefit of being a decent length too (he's 6'4").
 lost1977 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Tall Clare:

i think the height may make a difference, i'm only 5'9ish but with 12" of difference between waist and chest measurements
 Camm 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Darkskys:
My thighs have always been a bit OTT, it does make trousers a problem, I'm about a 32" trouser size but I buy 34/36. Even the calves are tight sometimes. G-star usually fit ok, I've got some 34" hugo boss jeans sitting upstairs never worn because they're too tight on thighs and calves.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...