UKC

Keela legwear sizing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Taurig 11 Dec 2012
Having got soaked to my boxers on Saturday using a pair of Marmot Precips over Quechua Bionnassay trousers, I'm looking for a pair of overtrousers that will keep the moisture out. I've heard good things about the waterproof abilities of Keela's System Dual Protection used on the Munro jacket. The Munro salopettes look good but to be honest are probably overkill for me, so I'm thinking of taking a gamble on their Alpine Advance trousers that appear to use the same fabric.

Unfortunately, I can't try them on in advance, and would like to avoid the hassle of sending them back and forward by post. I usually take a 32 waist regular leg, but I have seen a couple of comments about Keela legwear being sized a little small. Can anyone comment on the sizing of these or other trousers from them? Of course, any comments on how these particular trousers perform would be great as well.

Cheers
 Mike-W-99 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig:
I have some Keela walking trousers in a 32 waist, regular leg and if anything they are over generous.

They respond to emails pretty quickly if you needed to ask though.
 KA_R36 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig:
Use them all the time as part of MR team kit either with baselayer pants underneath or baselayer bottoms. Tough waterproof breathable but wouldn't use as normal overtrousers as would be too hot and bulky to carry but other team members do use them this way.
Flat4matt 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig:

Ive got keela munro salopettes and theyre a tad small to what im used to as i normally get large everything. mine are a large and abit tight around the quads. theyre not mega tight, ok when i kneel down and stuff but id prefer a bit more room. overall an amazing piece of kit but far too warm for me to wear when walking/climbing. more suited to skiing imo.
ive also got a pair of scuffers. theyre a large and a a perfect fit for me. plenty of room for base layer leggings and the material is nice and stretchy. i find thatbthey keep thebwind out pretty well aswell.
Overall i find the keela gear to be of very good quality. I have lits of their products as we are issued it on rope access team at work so kind of know a fair bit about it. the only downside to one of their products is their munro jacket. its fantastic, cut really nice, great breathability, zips all over anf a nice big storm flap(lacking on alot of top end jackets!) but the hood isnt helmet hood compatible.le!!!! they have just brought iut the cumulus which i reckon will be a winner all round!!!
sorry i cant be of much help but your picking a top brand at realistic prices from what ive seen!!
OP Taurig 11 Dec 2012
Thanks for the replies so far, I suppose you can never really tell sizing until you get them on but I'm just interested if there is any sort of trend. If anything, a bit bigger with more room to tuck in my upper midlayers would be nice.

KA_R36, thanks for the mini review, they sound promising. I'd probably use them the same as yourself. I'll still wear the softshells on their own on crisp frosty days, but those days when you get out the car and it's wet sleet from the get go, I think the Alpine Advance worn over a pair of tights could be the answer.
 KA_R36 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig:
Forgot to say re sizing - as a woman bit more difficult. Got size medium when between size 12 to 14 but waist to big. Needed this to get leg and bum size as no stretch. Now to big as lost weight but you can use the braces that keela sell separately.
OP Taurig 11 Dec 2012
In reply to KA_R36:

Ah I see, well I've just ordered the 32" regular, so I will try them and report back if this thread isn't long dead.

Any more thoughts also welcome.
Woodman 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Taurig: I bought a pair of their Alpine Advance Pants about 7 years ago. I've used them extensively every winter since - a good robust bit of kit that aren't showing any real signs of wear yet. If they fit, you won't be disapointed with them that's for sure!

Re sizing, my waist size is 34" though the medium trousers were, and still are, plenty big enough for me.
OP Taurig 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Woodman:

Excellent, that's just what I wanted to hear! I've bought the medium and generally take a 32" waist, so I hope they're not excessively large. I could do with the space to tuck in my fleece though, and a bit of space for the Christmas pies wouldn't go amiss.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...